Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bazzra1

08-26-2012

Hello, i got my first 3150 ip then i bought the 3k champ that looked the coolest, i bought the cryophoenix, i played a game and did terrible, how do i play anivia?

Treza

08-26-2012

well first off read all the skills carefully. anivia is a somewhat sustained ap utility champion who also has high bursting potential and low mobility. your basic goal is to farm/kill your way through mid lane farming wraiths and sustaining yourself while last hitting as best as possible. focus on building ap with possibly a touch of mana regeneration

i usually start her with a mana crystal and build it straight into a catalyst for mana and health sustain as i level. depending on matchup, you might want to start with boots and pots. after your converter by your lv 1 boots, and complete either magic pen boots or a rod of ages if you can. after these items you get a rabadons and a void staff and unless im forgetting something thats all you really need. you could make a tear at some point during that route and eventually build it into an archangels staff for more mana and mana regen + massive ap boost, or maybe an athenes unholy grail from a chalice of harmony. if youre struggling against an enemy mid dont hesitate to build an abyssal scepter

level your q first at lv 1, then your e at lv 2. max your e at lv 9. you can take a point in your w at lv 4 but its not entirely necessary. some people leave wall out entirely until lv 8 or even until lv 12. if you think that extra point in your q could convert a kill for you, by all means ignore wall until you cant level anything else. wall is always max'd last at lv 18. your q has potential to hit twice, once when it travels through an enemy and again when you pop it. e does double damage to targets afflicted by ice from your q and your r. ice effects from items and friendly skills will not count towards doubling your e

your basic focus in a fight is to either get a good initiate/pick off using your q or to hang back and wait for everyone else to initiate then just burst down sqishies with your e. e can hit up to and over 1k at a max build same with your q. i have killed people from full hp using just q and e before, although i would be massively fed in those cases

avoid engaging people with your q if they have a gap closer because once they get on you, you wont have any more cc to get them off of you for another 15 seconds or so. if they have no gap closers, just avoid their skills and bomb them with yours. most people open with r and then nail them with an e initially and then try to land the q and possibly another e. i personally usually open with q and then er respectively. if landed it does more damage but its a more risky play and can waste mana if you miss it

your wall can act as a ward for its duration

try your best to get every blue buff you can both friendly and enemy, and ward both sides of the river if you remember or have the gold to spare. anivia is very vulnerable to ganks because she has no escapes

take flash and ignite typically, or flash and teleport if youre up against an agressive lane which you dont plan on engaging. for example anivia can have a really hard time against fizz. best thing to do is just not engage him at all. farm your lane, and take teleport to help gank other lanes for kills and assistance. other lanes that you might want to take teleport against are lanes such as energy lanes, and lanes such as talon and kassadin. you basically cant kill these enemies so theres little reason to take ignite. energy champions can really push you to your turret and out sustain you, so even though many of them can be killed, sometimes you just need to take teleport so you dont lose your lane

i go for 21/0/9 masteries favoring pure ap in red and mana+buff duration in green. for runes go for magic penetration marks, ap per *or* mana regeneration seals, and ap per lv *or* mres per lv glyphs. flat ap quints always

shes got very long autoattack range so she can really be a nuisance to champions like akali pre lv 6 because you can nick her and she cant do anything about it. get used to the delay on her auto attacks and just do your best to farm using as little mana as possible saving as much for engagements as possible

anivia has one of the strongest skill sets in the game, but is also one of the highest learning curves in the game. if you cant land your q you just plain and simple wont be able to do much with her

Valcyclovir

08-26-2012

^ tltr

Treza

08-26-2012

why are people down voting an actual response to the question? hes going to see that and think its bad information now and possibly ignore it. good job geniuses. you cant tell someone how to play a champion with a 2 word response and nobody looking to learn is looking for a 2 word response. ignorant ****s

Hip Zulu

08-26-2012

Stop embarassing yourself Treza

Treza

08-26-2012

how am i embarrassing myself

MadManDu

08-26-2012

If he wanted to read that, he could just go to MOBAfire or SOLOmid...

Treza

08-26-2012

if mobafire or solomid shares my views on anivia that isnt my problem. its his first 3150 champion he probably doesnt even know what either of those things are
all youre doing is downvoting correct information for no real reason and possibly tricking him into thinking its not correct info, while also annoying me in the process. the fact its downvoted isnt even annoying who cares its the fact that my mind cant comprehend someone out there being stupid enough to down vote my post for no reason

Czar991

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valcyclovir View Post
^ tltr
Took me about 3minutes to read. You must be scared of words

LastStaX

08-27-2012

the way people are treating Treza just proves that this forum is full of idiots.