Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Proto-Guide] A New Player's Handbook

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReclusiveVoa

11-13-2009

Yo.
So, I decided to make a video intro for new players to LoL. Nothing too fancy, just borrowing stuff from of the new player guides already up, so that buried threads or people who are too thick to know about the forums (or can only type TL;DR) could find something to answer the most basic of questions, literally like; what's an inhib do? What're lanes? Why is no one else pissed off about these 5 man ganks? What's backdooring?
I've finished the audio for the track, and am about to start the video segments (series of stills + like 20-40 seconds of action tracking for humour/demo purposes), but I dunno...after running the entirety of the 17 minute audio together in one night, I can't stand to hear my own voice any more, and I can't judge if I'm missing huge amounts of stuff for them, or if I covered some things too much. So if anyone has any free time they'd like to donate, have a download, have a listen, and bitch about my indecisive accent and method of speech.

Linkyage; http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DZ15032U

PS; For those wondering, here's the credits that'd be put up near the start of the video, with links to their pages when the yoke would go live.
UrQuan ******Hotkeys and other commands
Duvois *****A guide to Phrases, Terms, and Acrony, repost by Doombringr
Stumpster ******Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics
Fulcrum ****Basics and More!*
Bloodba7h Quick Tips] For New Players
Jasmin **Manual for New Players
ScholarZero [Guide] Things Champions will do to Kill You
TheHeretic Playing to be Evil: Its Good to be Bad

The Real Telmo

Recruiter

11-13-2009

Hm, this is supposed to be a video in .mp3 format? Either way, downloading this because I am interested. Sounds like a good idea to me.

ReclusiveVoa

11-14-2009

It's the audio for the video; I have yet to record the video to go with the audio, but I want to make sure the audio is at least alright before I spend like 4 hours recording video only to find that like 20 things are wrong or silly.

Also! I mention at one point that super creeps have 4k hp and 200 dmg, this is wrong, I know, they scale progressively with time, but like I said, this is for the newest of the new players, who hopefully get long enough games in that this happens (generally the 30-35 minute marks spawn supercreeps with that amount of hp.)