What about the Void?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ergoproxy1

01-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzilb View Post
"Stories of the Void can be traced back to the lost city of Icathia, a place with about as much proof that it ever existed as you find competitive yordle high-jumpers (rockets excluded, cheaters). The believers generally agree that Icathia was located in the Southern half of Valoran somewhere, though details become muddled there. Many explorers have struck out to discover the place, but the only fact their findings universally corroborate is that just about everywhere south of the Great Barrier is malevolent, ominous, and spooky. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence, but surely after so very many forays into the southern wilds, someone would have found some lingering scrap of an entire civilization, right?"
this may be pointing to the door to the void being on the Great Barrier so who ever passes it enters the void

CodeX

01-14-2011

Mentioning Ezreal going to the Void made me think of a new skin idea. Ezreal in a Void-prepared suit. Just saying.

GarrTorrent

01-14-2011

If anyone could make the trip to discover what's in the Void, it'd be Ezrael with the help of Kassadin, but Kassadin seems to think that what is in the Void is beyond one's ken unless they expose themselves to it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ezrael doesn't want to put himself in that situation, or even if Kassadin would be against such a thing.

Runaan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2011

One does not simply walk into Icathia!

The Void has been somewhat hinted to be more than just a place, at times it seems almost sentient--think of the voice that called to Malzahar. Perhaps Icathia chooses, in a way, who can and cannot find it. I think it's all based in Lovecraftian work anyway, so it wouldn't be too far fetched that simply searching for Icathia can send someone on the path to madness. Just speculation on my part, though.

Goatersaurus

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsion View Post
Basically, you don't want a bunch of voidlings, chogath's, and kog'maw's all up in your houses, eating your children, eating your wives, and eating your husbands, eating everybody all up in here. They know who they are and we going to find them and eat them too.
So who will be the brave void intruder? :P

ergoproxy1

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runaan View Post
One does not simply walk into Icathia!

The Void has been somewhat hinted to be more than just a place, at times it seems almost sentient--think of the voice that called to Malzahar. Perhaps Icathia chooses, in a way, who can and cannot find it. I think it's all based in Lovecraftian work anyway, so it wouldn't be too far fetched that simply searching for Icathia can send someone on the path to madness. Just speculation on my part, though.
that voice was implied to be kog

EmptyEternity

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDraco View Post
dont people who see the void go crazy? so wouldnt that scare ezreal for life if he were to venture into the void
They don't always go crazy, but those who gaze into, or enter, the void are forever changed by the experience.

Malzahar and Kassadin are prime examples of this.

Runaan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergoproxy1 View Post
Huh, maybe I misread it? I thought both of them heard a voice and the one Kog heard just led him towards Malzahar. Kog'maw's bio made it seem like Kog'maw didn't know what brought him to Valoran or why he was there, so I thought it was the same force that brought them together, not Kog himself.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

01-16-2011

One does not simply walk into Mord-..... the Void. <_<

SethCypher

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergoproxy1 View Post
Read Kog'maw's background again. The voice that enticed Malzahar is the same presence that leads Kog'maw to Valoran.