What about the Void?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pelter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2010

In the JoJ there is usually very little info on the Void. Now I understand it is mysterious and a very dangerous place to go to but why don't they send Ezreal to explore there (I guess it would be Icathia because apparently only Kassadin can enter the void)? He seems quite fearless when it comes to exploring places, and I would be interested to hear what he has to say about his findings.

Zzilb

09-16-2010

The problem, Pelter, is that such things arent yet possible. You see, while its all very obvious to us as Players that Icathia is a real place in the desert northish of Bandle, and all very obvious that Malzahar is definitely the prophet of some coming doom, and that the Void is a horrible place full of scary things, the characters in the lore arent as certain. These things are all legends, old stories, and the ramblings of the insane. This line from Kassasin's background demonstrates:
"Despite its name, the Void is not an empty place, but rather the home of unspeakable things, horrors not meant for minds of men. Though such knowledge is lost to the modern day, there are those who have unwittingly discovered what lies beyond and have been unable to turn away."

The location of Icathia is completely unknown. The Void Spawn refuse to say anything useful, merely foreboding, even though given quite the stage when a Journal of Justice reporter L.B. Briskes sought answers from them. Not everyone is even convinced the Void is a problem, but with four Champions in the league going on about it, the sensible ones are scrambling to learn more, as Ralston speaks of with Delong in This issues' Mailbag of Justice.
"Of all the lands in southern Valoran, however, Icathia is one we know virtually nothing about."

There would be no mystery if all it took was an afternoon of Ezreal's time, and nothing would be unwitting if there was a big door marked 'Void' that we're all just too timid to open.

Von Nicklesnout

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelter View Post
In the JoJ there is usually very little info on the Void. Now I understand it is mysterious and a very dangerous place to go to but why don't they send Ezreal to explore there (I guess it would be Icathia because apparently only Kassadin can enter the void)? He seems quite fearless when it comes to exploring places, and I would be interested to hear what he has to say about his findings.
One does not willingly enter the den of wolves without first preparing themselves for the long journey ahead. That and who knows what kind of monstrosity would be there to take a bite out of him.

Tetsion

09-16-2010

Basically, you don't want a bunch of voidlings, chogath's, and kog'maw's all up in your houses, eating your children, eating your wives, and eating your husbands, eating everybody all up in here. They know who they are and we going to find them and eat them too.

SethCypher

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzilb View Post
The problem, Pelter, is that such things arent yet possible. You see, while its all very obvious to us as Players that Icathia is a real place in the desert northish of Bandle, and all very obvious that Malzahar is definitely the prophet of some coming doom, and that the Void is a horrible place full of scary things, the characters in the lore arent as certain. These things are all legends, old stories, and the ramblings of the insane. This line from Kassasin's background demonstrates:
"Despite its name, the Void is not an empty place, but rather the home of unspeakable things, horrors not meant for minds of men. Though such knowledge is lost to the modern day, there are those who have unwittingly discovered what lies beyond and have been unable to turn away."

The location of Icathia is completely unknown.
The map seems to point out Icathia's location however, and it indicates it is located on the most eastern coast of Valoran.

Zzilb

09-17-2010

Yes. Believe me, I know. We all know, as players. The point was that storyline characters certainly do not, as is perhaps best emphasized in L.B. Briskes' "UnaVoidable Musings";

"Stories of the Void can be traced back to the lost city of Icathia, a place with about as much proof that it ever existed as you find competitive yordle high-jumpers (rockets excluded, cheaters). The believers generally agree that Icathia was located in the Southern half of Valoran somewhere, though details become muddled there. Many explorers have struck out to discover the place, but the only fact their findings universally corroborate is that just about everywhere south of the Great Barrier is malevolent, ominous, and spooky. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence, but surely after so very many forays into the southern wilds, someone would have found some lingering scrap of an entire civilization, right?"

bobarabara

09-17-2010

the map may point to us where icathia is but for all we know it is only visiable to voidlings.

Amiithystine

09-17-2010

"Icathia beckons..."

Apparently not to hard or else someone would've found it by now lol. As a summoner I would like to learn more of this place honestly, Two of my fave champions come from the void Cho' gath and Malzahar. I know Icathia is mostly relevant to Mal but it seems heavily linked to the void so I find it no long stretch to include Cho.

DJDraco

01-06-2011

dont people who see the void go crazy? so wouldnt that scare ezreal for life if he were to venture into the void

50 Fists of Vi

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDraco View Post
dont people who see the void go crazy? so wouldnt that scare ezreal for life if he were to venture into the void
I hope it scars him for life, Void Representive, Nikolai Azurell.