Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle Olaf Frustration

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gunsharp

09-16-2010

As others have said, start at wraiths and do Golem at level 2. You don't need dodge runes at all to jungle with Olaf. He is already extremely good at it.

EnichiQ

09-16-2010

Thanks for all the suggestions, will bookmark this and try a bunch of this stuff out.

Sine Deis

09-16-2010

Oh also, you might want to save smite for the second time you activate w. Doing so will let your health get a bit lower early on, meaning you get more dps due to your passive.

Use it immediately the second time you activate w though. You will die if you don't.

Dracks

Recruiter

09-16-2010

Masteries:
0-9-21
standard utility taking ghost
defensive: spec for nimbleness (armor and magic res distribution i usually got 2-2... but its up to you)

Dodge yellows
HP Quints
Armor Pen reds
Magic Resis blues

Cloth Armor + 5 pots

Skill Order
W
Q
Q
E
(After this... for level 5 onwards - its your choice if you want to max E first or Q depending on how proficient you are with throwing the axe)

Other people like to upgrade the cloth armor into lantern... I however try to get a fast Randuins
you are a melee dps. you need hp/armor more than the ability to farm faster.

make sure you get a ward for dragon early

jungle path that works for me:
twin golem camp
wraiths
wolves
blue golem
(shop)
red lizard
(gank if possible)

hope this helps

Naminator

09-16-2010

Quote:
EnichiQ:
Olaf is so annoying. I try to jungle with him but the Golem does way too much damage, I've looked up guides and what not and they do it just fine, I'm assuming because they actually have a full dodge seals set. From personal experience Olaf seems EXTREMELY difficult to jungle with at low summoner levels. Any tips? Maybe I missed something...
I'm not level 20 yet but right now I'm saving up for a full dodge seal set (tier3) x_x...

I start out with Vicious Strikes, I get a Vamp. Scepter and wait for the 10 extra gold to buy a red potion. I go Golem, I activate Vicious Strike right as I initiate it, and I use smite before my Vicious Strike wears off then I pop a red potion. On the off chance I survive I then go to wolves -> and then die at wraiths (I'd go Lizard after this then to the two golems at the bottom).

Any suggestions/tips? Really the only champion that interests me this free week. =\

Well I do it with 18% crit chance runes and mana regen.

What I do to jungle with olaf is this. Get your W and buy cloth armor + red potions.

Hit the golem, and pop your potion, after he hits you pop your W. And right before it end hit the golem with smite. Spell vamp from your W will give you some HP back from Smite. After that just auto attack the golem to death adn pop your W when ever you can.

Works for me.

Reiver

09-16-2010

I run jungle olaf 21/0/9 =/

Cloth armor + 5 hp pots

Arpen marks, mp5/level seals (it's a generic melee dps page), flat CDR glyphs (5/9 atm) and arpen quints (2/3 atm)

Golem is easy, beat on him, you'll be low when you activate your second w, but smite immediately after the second w and golem will die from it too for 5 bonus gold, then just go wolves, wraiths, 2 golems, lizard, back to wolves wraiths and 2 golems, and then b for your razor, get to golem for the second golem (or if they don't have a jungler steal theirs so you don't have to wait the ~30 seconds for yours to respawn, this is especially when you're on blue team and dragon is far from golem) and then go take dragon

StagedAce

09-16-2010

You have to know, Brolaf is a high risk high reward champion. He strives at low health, which can be intimidating for people jungling with him. You'll find the sweet spot with enough practice and be able to jungle easily with him.

Luckyluckylicked

09-16-2010

im lvl 25 and normaly choose the +10 atack damage sword or a cloth armour and health pots, make sure you use your health pot prety much as soon as you take damage

andracen

09-16-2010

Cloth armor + 5 health pots. Armor pen runes, whatever seals and quints, some mana per 5 per level glyphs. 21/0/9 for myself. Don't start on the golem, there is no point. Drop a couple easy camps. Get w, q, w, q,q,r, etc.. for your skills. Plan on running around low health, if they have a WW you are not going to be moving full speed.

A lot of your damage comes from being low health. Time your smite and undertow to be up with your spellvamp, which will heal you a good bit. Keep using the potions to keep yourself at a stable but low hp. You'll find a natural point around 20-25% health where you really shine.

Vamp sceptre and doran's items are terrible for jungling.

Darnfool

09-16-2010

Get a fort pot and 2-5x potions (depends if there is another jungler or not, if so I get a ward). Wait for Golem to spawn and pop your Fort Pot and start attacking and pop your W and a health pot. Once your W is back up again use it and then Cast Smite. Should get you through golem right off the bat, from there on it's cake.