Jungle Olaf Frustration

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

09-16-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnichiQ View Post
The guides I was looking at suggested Vamp. Scept. I didn't really know what else to try =x...

I think I'll practice A ward, Cloth armor, and 2 red potions.

Also stupid question but: When should a potion of fortitude be used in this situation? When I'm about to die? or do I want that extra health right off the bat?
Right at the start of the fight. You gain the same amount of health either way, so why not make use of the +11 damage?

SuperJon

09-16-2010

Buy cloth armor, it let's you get 5 health pots and will keep you alive all the way through your first run.

I run dodge seals, and they are pretty important, so save save save! If you have armor runes laying around, those work as well. Health quints are also very helpful, but also expensive.

Masteries is a 1/16/13 or bust. Since you're only 20 go with improved smite, the armor (and eventually dodge) from defense, and xp from utility. You *should* be able to make it with that setup.

Vamp scepter does NOT work as a starting item for anyone, imo!

mrdudefool

09-16-2010

are u serious Olaf is prob one of the best/fastest jungler in the game atm

Senior Recruiter

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iStomp Randomz View Post
I have a full jungle rune book and start with a vampiric sceptor on Olaf. I can start and golem, but I find it a lot faster and safer to start at the twin golems
This, actually. If you're having issues with golem, you should start with the smaller camps. Once olaf gets to level 3-4, jungling becomes so much less stressful. Starting at the two golems and smiting either one of them, or the big wraith when you get to it is nice. The only problem being mana. Going through one wave of the jungle without buffs, b'ing, and then going for golem fresh should work out without any deaths though.

Also, if you STILL consistently have problems, go with the tried and true cloth armor + 5 health pots into madred's razors. I've actually gone for a wriggle's lantern every now and then as olaf, when I'm having a particularly boring game (when the opposing team plays more defensively and I can't really get a gank).

edit: wall of text fixed :3

JunKx

09-16-2010

ya in most regular games where anybody has a brain you won't be able to start at golem anyway, they'll come gank you with too much ease. its best to start at another camp IMO.

i know olaf is one of the fastest if not THE fastest jungler but i love laning with olaf, he has huge lane presence (not many melee DPS do).

T Paine

09-16-2010

I sometimes start at wraiths, with a cloth armor and 5 potions, leveling W first. Smite the blue wraith when it spawns, kill off the smaller ones; make sure your mid laner does not leech the xp. Go to wolves, you should be level 2 by the time you are done with them. I put a point into Q. Your smite should be around ~10 secs on cooldown after the wolf camp. I have no trouble taking golem next.

Sine Deis

09-16-2010

I don't own dodge runes but I find it isn't that hard to solo golem at 1 if you time smite and hp pots right.

Tonerboast

09-16-2010

cloth armor 5 pots, hp lvl yellows, cdr blues, arpen reds, I run 21/0/9 and never have problems jungling ever, I can usually hit level 4 or almost 5 by the time sidelanes hit 2-3 and go for double buff gank, make sure W is up while you smite because it heals you via spellvamp
the first time I go back after a gank is for a razor+ boots or the full lantern+boots, you never have to go back

EnichiQ

09-16-2010

Ugh, I said I'm not Summoner 20 yet. (Am Summoner level 13 atm =x)

I Roll 1/6/6 Masteries
Offense
Plentiful Bounty

Defence
3 Resistance
1 Hardiness
2 Evasion

Utility
3 Perseverance
1 Haste (Helps ganks, escapes)
2 Awareness (necessary to get to level 2 off of Golem)

Rogmarz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

09-16-2010

I used to have the same problem. Fort Pot makes the fight ridiculously easy. Use it right before you start attacking.