Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle Olaf Frustration

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnichiQ

09-16-2010

Olaf is so annoying. I try to jungle with him but the Golem does way too much damage, I've looked up guides and what not and they do it just fine, I'm assuming because they actually have a full dodge seals set. From personal experience Olaf seems EXTREMELY difficult to jungle with at low summoner levels. Any tips? Maybe I missed something...
I'm not level 20 yet but right now I'm saving up for a full dodge seal set (tier3) x_x...

I start out with Vicious Strikes, I get a Vamp. Scepter and wait for the 10 extra gold to buy a red potion. I go Golem, I activate Vicious Strike right as I initiate it, and I use smite before my Vicious Strike wears off then I pop a red potion. On the off chance I survive I then go to wolves -> and then die at wraiths (I'd go Lizard after this then to the two golems at the bottom).

Any suggestions/tips? Really the only champion that interests me this free week. =\

Siegfryd

09-16-2010

Are you really sure about a vampiric sceptre? I think a cloth armor would work better because a vampiric sceptre only makes you heal like 2 damage per hit.

If you're really having a bad time grab a fortitude potion and try that.

TheOddOne

Recruiter

09-16-2010

The problem with the optimal jungle routes for most champions is the fact runes/masteries are absolutely vital. The only possible (I think) way to do the olaf route you are attempting with incomplete runes/masteries would be to use a fort pot. I have a full rune/mastery set and I still barely live from fighting the golem when I go cloth armor and pots. I'd suggest either getting a fortitude potion to start (with hp pots) or simply starting at a different spot (double small golems is good) and wiping out the small camps then the buffs when you shop.

Azuredragon653

09-16-2010

For Olaf, you need pretty much full runes to start at golem.

EnichiQ

09-16-2010

The guides I was looking at suggested Vamp. Scept. I didn't really know what else to try =x...

I think I'll practice A ward, Cloth armor, and 2 red potions.

Also stupid question but: When should a potion of fortitude be used in this situation? When I'm about to die? or do I want that extra health right off the bat?

xDiamantx

09-16-2010

21 defense 9 utility

I don't have dodge or armor runes to kill Golem.

I use smite the second time I use vicious strikes because olaf does more damage on lower hp.

I use cloth armor, you can also use vampscepter but you'll ave lower hp when you're done so you'll be in danger of ganks.

VelCthulhu

09-16-2010

Doran's Shield does more for a successful level 1 golem than Vamp Scepter does. Back when practice games existed to test these things I tried both. I found that I could level 1 golem with Doran's shield, armpen reds, mana regen yellows, cdr blues and health quints by buying a doran's shield and getting w first. (with smite, of course). and defensive masteries (9/21/0)

Senior Recruiter

09-16-2010

Quote:
Siegfryd:
Are you really sure about a vampiric sceptre? I think a cloth armor would work better because a vampiric sceptre only makes you heal like 2 damage per hit.

If you're really having a bad time grab a fortitude potion and try that.

vamp scepter olaf is legit. It really doesn't matter what he takes as long he has one healing potion at least.

iStomp Randomz

09-16-2010

I have a full jungle rune book and start with a vampiric sceptor on Olaf. I can start and golem, but I find it a lot faster and safer to start at the twin golems

Ozy

09-16-2010

You can clear the golem camp with Vamp. Scepter but it requires the right runes. Flat Armor Seals help and obviously defensive masteries are a plus.

When you pick up the vampiric, you're at 25 gold. Wait for the minions to spawn and buy an HP pot when the gold generates passively. Then run to golem. You should get there as it spawns or just a few seconds after.