Prospectors Ring...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talith PA

08-29-2012

You put movement speed on it and I'm buying it on AD ezreal.

DiscworldDeath

08-29-2012

You know, these champions are balanced around being squishy, low MS, no escapes champions. Removing a major weakness for next to no cost? Why do you think people play bruisers with gap closers anyway?

konfetarius

08-30-2012

Quote:
You know, these champions are balanced around being squishy, low MS, no escapes champions.
They are balanced around that in SR, which has a far more prolonged laning phase, with far less flanking opportunity, no speed shrines, and a general trend to not have team fights until the Dragon fight (and, incidentally, the team fights that are markedly different from Dominion by virtue of how objectives, revive timer, 4 vs 4, and no need to worry about laning works).

Quote:
Why do you think people play bruisers with gap closers anyway?
Because they are early-mid game gods of this game who beat AP carries by having similiar damage with far, far better survivability and by denying AD carries their precious full item build late game.

Quote:
You put movement speed on it and I'm buying it on AD ezreal.
I am OK with that. It's not like Triforce/Zeals do not already exist.

Summerfest

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goronok View Post
Whenever I play an AP champ, I feel like this thing is... a bit of a waste, and usually avoid it.

Now, this is just my opinion... but I'd love it if they changed it to a mirror of Prospector's Blade, keeping in mind the lower itemization costs of AP items...

+40 AP
+7.5% spell vamp
Unique: +200 health

Or... since some champs like AP Teemo don't get much out of spell vamp...

+40 AP
+5% CDR
Unique: +200 health
Keep the AP at 30 and drop the spell vamp to a modest 6% and the item will be viable on all mages.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

maybe it wasn't supposed to be viable on all mages just on those that actually need the mana regen early on
other mages can start with book+ ruby anyways

HaIfhearted

08-31-2012

Spellvamp is *extremely* weak on mages.
7.5% vamp is a practically non-existent amount of healing.

If ring was changed to spellvamp, you would be MUCH better off going with a Ruby/Amp start on every single mage in the game.
(well, except nunu and arguably morde/vlad, but they already have revolver rush)

Giving the ring CDR is a nice thought, but 5% is too little to have any real impact, and raising it to a meaningful amount (10%+) would be too much.

Prospectors Ring is in a pretty good spot right now.
Just needa bring the AP up to 40 to make it on-par with the blade, and everything's good.

Goronok

09-01-2012

Well, I'd argue that 5% lifesteal doesn't have any truly noticeable impact either, but it's there, behind the scenes, doing its' thing, being helpful. It's not a big, shiny bonus at all, it's just a small contribution, one that adds to the whole.

When I look at the Blade, I see 20 AD, for about the standard price of base AD, and 200 health for free, with 5% lifesteal as an appreciated and useful if not significant bonus -on every AD in game-.

When I look at the Ring, I see 30 AP, very expensive, but with 200 health and 7 mp5 tacked on, trouble being that on most of the AP I play, 7 mp5 isn't something I'm very (or at all, for manaless champs or any champ I feel shrines are enough, or any champ that needs a lot of mp5 and I'll be going for an early Chalice anyway) interested in. So it ends up being a 30 AP, 200 health for ~1k gold item... which isn't generally something I want to spend my gold on when I could just start building a real item.

I don't need the bonus between the (should be) 40 AP and the 200 health to be something significant, just something useful... and something universally useful, not useful to some and useless to others... 7.5% SV or 5% CDR would fit that bill.

DiscworldDeath

09-01-2012

When I get P. Blade I don't really think about the life-steal.

When I get P. Ring I definitely factor in the MP/5. That's just me, but I'm throwing it out there.
For most mana using mages, if it didn't have the MP/5, I think there's a real chance I wouldn't get it at all. I'd get something else that gives me mana.