Prospectors Ring...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

irott

08-27-2012

Nome, could you mock up an item for dominion using:
Haunting Guise + Revolver + Codex?

Would function kinda like Triforce providing a little bit of everything and throw in some movement speed as a bonus.

I find myself building Triforce a lot on most of my melee champs and being able to get some early items that work towards something is a nice alternative to the prospectors.

HaIfhearted

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
I like the idea, but the problem is spellvamp kind of sucks on Dominion thanks tothe 20% healing reduction aura. Plus the AoE reduction, you end up getting more value out of a Regrowth Pendant than spellvamp on anyone that actually wants it. It's decent on lots of single-target damage (LeBonk f.e.) but the people who have that are generally assassins and don't have the survivability to benefit from it.
Yeah, I'd vastly prefer that Ring keep the 7 mana regen than gain a non-existent amount of spellvamp.

I mean, right now the MP5 is the only thing that is keeping me buying Ring.
Take that away, and I start boots/ruby/amp/lots-of-potions and go for that fast sweeper and forget that ring exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Going to be testing out 30 AP/6% SV in conjunction with a modified global mana aura.
Giving the ring spellvamp would make Nunu bot even more obnoxious than he already is.

Nunu is already one of the strongest bot laners due to his stupidly massive sustain and strong poke, with the ability to beat stuff like Urgot, Yorick, Jax, every single mage, every bruiser, and pretty much anything else that tries to lane against him.

Don't give consume even *more* spellvamp than it already has.

larkhill

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Giving the ring spellvamp would make Nunu bot even more obnoxious than he already is.

Nunu is already one of the strongest bot laners due to his stupidly massive sustain and strong poke, with the ability to beat stuff like Urgot, Yorick, Jax, every single mage, every bruiser, and pretty much anything else that tries to lane against him.

Don't give consume even *more* spellvamp than it already has.
please dont ruin what could potentially help a lot of mages just because nunu is op. as with every other op bot laner, we will find ways to beat it and we will find counters. there is always a counter.

HaIfhearted

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
please dont ruin what could potentially help a lot of mages just because nunu is op. as with every other op bot laner, we will find ways to beat it and we will find counters. there is always a counter.
Uhh, problem with Nunu is that he has no counters, at least none that I'm aware of, and extra spellvamp would only make him worse.

If you REALLY wanna make the ring give health sustain, put it in the form of HP5, not spellvamp.

larkhill

08-27-2012

Quote:
Uhh, problem with Nunu is that he has no counters, at least none that I'm aware of, and extra spellvamp would only make him worse.
gragas. any champ that can harass him enough to force him to level consume over ice blast will win the lane. gragas also farms from farther away and pushed the lane faster. without ult and without the range advantage, nunu cant really do much under tower to stop u from capping.

Quote:
If you REALLY wanna make the ring give health sustain, put it in the form of HP5, not spellvamp.
makes it useless late game, forcing u to sell it or not buy it at all due. spell vamp gives it scaling, allowing it to be useful at all levels of the game. early in the game, the low amt of spel lvamp gives u a little bit of hp. enough to sustain a poke war if u play it right but not enough to be op. late game it gives u enough to sustain yourself and the scaling makes it decent enough to not have to be sold

also remember that nome said he'd look into altering the dom aura, which would potentially solve the aoe healing debuff that would probably hold back this new ring from being useful.

the loss of the mp5 on ring just means u have to actually rune/mastery for it now, which isnt too bad really.

HaIfhearted

08-27-2012

Quote:
gragas. any champ that can harass him enough to force him to level consume over ice blast will win the lane. gragas also farms from farther away and pushed the lane faster. without ult and without the range advantage, nunu cant really do much under tower to stop u from capping.
Nunu should NOT lose to Gragas. If he does, he's a terrible Nunu.

And Nunu doesn't have to level consume first against *anything*.
Just max Ice Blast first as usual and harass Graggy out of lane.

Also, 6% spellvamp is NOT what I'd call lategame scaling.
You hit 6 items, and I had *better* see you selling that ring for a WoTA if spellvamp is what you're after.

Already have WoTA? Still want more vamp? Get Gunblade.
Are you just after sustain and not necessarily vamp? FoN or Randuins instead.

Quote:
the loss of the mp5 on ring just means u have to actually rune/mastery for it now
There are only 2 champions in the entire game I'd rune for mp5.
Swain and Anivia.
Everything else I'd just buy more mana potions on.

The only thing the loss of mp5 on ring would do is make me buy more mana potions at the start.
Thankfully I'm be able to get 2-3 of them with a Ruby Crystal/Amplifying Tomb start, on top of the health pot.

Quote:
also remember that nome said he'd look into altering the dom aura, which would potentially solve the aoe healing debuff that would probably hold back this new ring from being useful.
The reduction in AoE spellvamp has nothing to do with the 20% healing reduction from the Dom passive aura.

Goronok

08-27-2012

It really depends on the champ if the mp5 makes you buy the ring... or avoid it... the spell vamp would be a neutral stat that any AP could get some use out of. It might be less valuable on some AP's than the mp5, but on others the mp5 is of little value, and on others is literally useless.

It just expands the champs that can benefit from it.

The only issue I would have is that the standard gold cost for AP tends to be half that of AD... and if the Blade gives 20 AD, the Ring really should give 40.

irott

08-27-2012

I do well with soraka against nunu for a majority of the game.

The key is to know when to build an early revolver for more self sustain if he focuses on damage with ice blast, or to get more damage/CDR sooner to make him concentrate on his own sustain.

Late game he is a littler tougher but if you don't overextend or have good ganks you can survive well. Sometimes its better to just switch with some AD burst.

HaIfhearted

08-27-2012

Spellvamp is terrible on casters. Changing ring to spellvamp actually decreases the number of champs who can use it effectively.

And Raka should run OOM *long* before Nunu is worried about being pushed out of lane.

irott

08-27-2012

People go OOM on dominion? With catalyst procs and health relics I last for a very long time.

Well if Nome is serious about the aura change, then maybe a early codex for CDR and mana regen. Upgrade that to a Grail maybe.

But you are right about the spellvamp I don't think I would find it desirable that early in the game.