Most people hate support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Summerfest

08-26-2012

Supporting wouldn't be so bad if we had a equal role in the team. Instead we feel like a gutted aura ward bot. More of a bench warmer bringing the players water

Make supporting fun. Maybe a unique item only available to supports?

TL,DR Give supports better late game scaling or remove them. Just STOP nerfing them.

angryWelchMan

08-26-2012

dafuq Just get to level 30 and everything will be fine. I love to support but often have to go something else cause almost every game there someone else who really wants it and at least two more people who say they are willing to do it if necessary

TLDR: grow a pair and don't complain cause u don't like one role

Meserion

08-26-2012

support is 1 of the hardest roles to master because its totally different to any other role.

your job as a support, based on my observations, is to provide your team with the extra 'nudge' to win fights or stay alive.

at lower levels and even in the early stages of level 30 its hard to see the value of supports because oftentimes there is a much larger gap between victory and defeat in teamfights.

when you reach higher skill levels you will find the victory in a teamfight comes down to extremely precise actions. the support provides some of these actions and can turn a fight around with a well-placed heal or crowd control effect.

learning support and getting good at it will make you invaluable to any team because lets face it, most people want to deal damage (this is true in almost any game) rather than heal and buff teammates.

On another note, a carry is another difficult role because so much relies on the carry's success in lane. they have to be able to last hit, stay map aware, kill people without dying, and many other things. its not an easy role so you're bound to encounter more bad carrys than good carrys.

KnightxSScarlett

08-26-2012

Don't play support. Run a Kayle bot as kill lane. Steal all the kills. Win the game because Kayle DPS OP.

Summerfest

08-26-2012

"dafuq"? Please never say this again. I imagine people who say this are toothless drug dealers.

Summerfest

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meserion View Post
support is 1 of the hardest roles to master because its totally different to any other role.

your job as a support, based on my observations, is to provide your team with the extra 'nudge' to win fights or stay alive.
I don't want to be a "nudge." I want to be an equal member on the team.

At least alistar and blitz can dramatically influence the laning phase. Blitz wins lanes with his grab and alistar can get mobility boots and gank like mad. Problem is people rage if i don't stay in lane and just heal them. Oh and I'm not allowed to take cs even if the carry can't last hit to save his life.

TL,DR Give supports better late game scaling or remove them. STOP NERFING THEM.

TeknoWizard

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerfest View Post
TL,DR Give supports better late game scaling or remove them. STOP NERFING THEM.
Supports aren't supposed to be as amazing late...

"Supports win lanes. Carries win games." Win your carry the lane, and then get your ass carried through the end.