Rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malicano

08-26-2012

why are you guys queing over rengar? if he's a bad champ, don't play him. but overall he's been good to me, i win a lot with him, and if i don't win i at least get i high kill rate with him. the reason for this is because i went through endless co-op vs bot games, practiced and learned how to play him. so stop complaining that you can't play him right off the bat. and learn the difference between op and someone knowing the mechanics of a champion.

Nightdancer ND

08-26-2012

Riot should remove that stupid snow ball item, then they will have a far better time to balance his skills to the right level.

NGG Codeluke

08-26-2012

The only problem I have with Rengar is his ability to leap out of brushes for his basic attacks. That leap is crazy and can close gaps well. It makes gank potential too strong. They should limit it to one leap from the brush and have it go on cooldown or something. Otherwise, you can just Guerilla Warfare people with Rengar, going in and out of brushes and leaping onto champs for basic attacks, then escaping with his ult.

MishyInWhite

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeluke View Post
The only problem I have with Rengar is his ability to leap out of brushes for his basic attacks. That leap is crazy and can close gaps well. It makes gank potential too strong. They should limit it to one leap from the brush and have it go on cooldown or something. Otherwise, you can just Guerilla Warfare people with Rengar, going in and out of brushes and leaping onto champs for basic attacks, then escaping with his ult.
If you're getting leaped you're stupid, just sayin'.

His leap range isn't that great unless he gets 9 stacks, laning phase is over by then.

Otherwise you/your team are retarded, especially since he won't have his Bonetooth 'til at least level 6, and at that point he'll just use his ultimate to leap on you, which early on has a long cooldown.

If he ganks/is chasing you, stay away from the brush, that's also simple.

As I said above the Rengar cannot leap you unless you are stupidly close to brush(I know I jungle him a lot).

You'll know if you are versing a Rengar by the loading screen or picking phase, so you'll know to avoid brush in lane. Simple.

A good tip, if you know Rengar is level 6, try not to push the lane too hard, his level 6 ganking capability is quite good as he can avoid your site wards with his ult.

His brush leap doesn't need a cooldown, it's the one thing that makes him Rengar, he is like the one champion that using the brush to escape is not viable, it makes him special.
The simple counter to it is to avoid brush which screws up his ganks. Rengar doesn't do much damage early, he needs to level Q a lot, and to be honest get a Trinity Force to really hurt.

Malicano

08-26-2012

the reason for the leap is that he's kind of slow on his own, it helps him catch up. also he's a predator, a half lion. if you watch animal planet at all you see lions jumping from brush all the time, it's a part of his character and gameplay, it's true that it wouldn't hurt to give it a cooldown, but nothing serious because that would really hinder rengar players. Also his snowball item isn't the greatest thing in the world if you really pay attention to it. i can get better armor pent and cooldown reduc with the ghostblade. infinite edge could trump it on dmg no prob, the only big benefit is the extra leap range

Myrmidont

08-26-2012

Reason for the limit on leap is because they can make him stronger in kit if they keep it weak.

Even with a way to make it stronger via item it isn't that strong and his kit can remain so powerful outside of it.

Gl0um

08-26-2012

actually his item is totaly **** unless you are feed. Those 800 gold can be rly helpful to finish other items.

Malicano

08-27-2012

actually it serves it's purpose. it's suppose to be a general purposes item just for rengar, and the best thing is it's optional, like i said infinity edge and the ghostblade easily trump the necklace, but i use it because it adds a challenge and a goal for you to try and get, making his gameplay a lot more unique an other champs, i realize with viktor you have his augments. yet those are pretty much required for him to do well. the necklace is a choice, you don't have to wear it.

Macguffin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Rengar sadly has to many bugs to even attempt to claim how to balance him at the moment. Q being cast 3 times, Q IAS not working till after the first auto attack, atrocious animations on W and E, Model clunkier than full stack Cho, and that lovely bug that forces him to attack a purple caster minion or someone who threw a dot on you before using it.

All in all I love him because he's fun to play, but hate him because of how damn unfinished and unbalanced he is. I seriously hate ganking with him because unlike other good junglers, his gank potential is pretty much completely negated by not being stupid enough to stay near the river brush in a game with Rengar, and lets face it, there are other champions that do that just as well *cough*nunu*cough* that don't get hobbled the second they leave the brush.

Peligrad

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlewis88 View Post
actually it serves it's purpose. it's suppose to be a general purposes item just for rengar, and the best thing is it's optional, like i said infinity edge and the ghostblade easily trump the necklace, but i use it because it adds a challenge and a goal for you to try and get, making his gameplay a lot more unique an other champs, i realize with viktor you have his augments. yet those are pretty much required for him to do well. the necklace is a choice, you don't have to wear it.
Yes the ghostblade and IE are better than the necklace...but the necklass costs 1/3rd and 1/4th the cost of those 2 items.

The necklace is very very very cost effective.