Comments on my friend's support gameplay and items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thraecius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

I have this friend I know in real life who plays League of Legends, and I frequently queue with him and right now he likes to play support (usually alistar). I know I shouldn't criticize him too much since he is my friend, but whenever I do premades and play AD carry and lane with him, he steals my cs. This is what he does: when there is a pack of minions on low hp, he goes over there and pulverizes. I then ask him why he does that, as it will affect my farm, and he answers back by saying, "I need to farm up so I can get Randuins at 20." I mean, this is really unreasonable, because the carries are heavily dependent on items while supports are not. Talking about the items he gets, he always gets a philo, heart of gold, and avarice blade. Avarice blade?!?!? Crit chance on a support, seriously? Even worse, he builds that into a Youmuus, which doesn't make sense at all. He rarely gets a shurelyas, and in the rare occasion when he does, he never uses it. Also, in late game he abandons his whole team, starts pushing a random lane, gets ganked, and dies. His death actually heavily affects our team, because then our team will be missing out on some soak and cc. This is basically what my friend does every game. Any comments?

TeknoWizard

08-26-2012

Call him a ruffian and throw a muffin at him.

Recommend him to stay with the team, pick up gold per five Quints, and not stealing CS. I think that probably going Philo, HoG, then a Kage's on like one or two supports, then either Shuryelia's or Aegis for your first big item is probably the most efficient build a support can make.

gr8job

08-26-2012

I would encourage him to play a different role, because it sounds like he's not particularly suited for support. I assume since you're aware that what he's doing is wrong, you've explained this to him already and he hasn't changed his ways.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-26-2012

Why is there a group of minions low on health in the first place? That's the real question here.

I mean, you're complaining about all these things that your friend is doing wrong, but have you considered there might be some things you're doing wrong as the AD Carry too? After all, support really only works being played as a 0 CS support if the AD Carry is playing his role right. And if the AD Carry is playing his role right, the team can win, even if the support is playing kind of wonky. It's harder to win with a perfectly played support and a wonky AD Carry (not to say you're wonky, just, you know...).

Moreover, what kind of carry champions are you playing with his support?

And as gr8job explained, if you've explained these things to him and he's still doing them, it's probably just best that he play another role.

Thraecius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

Sorry for the misinformation, I meant minions missing health, and enough health for an alistar pulverize and passive to deal the killing blows. I was tristana while he was alistar.