Jungling help (being counter jungled)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minrat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

Hey

I was playing with my friends the other day and we were up against some lv 30s (im level 21 but a couple friends are 30). Anyway-ive jungled against bots and in 2 or 3 actual matches (yeah i know-im just starting:P).

Question:

In this game the other team consistently came into my jungle (talking 2 or 3 together) to take my buffs/just kill me. How do i prevent this (it usually occurred when top lane had gone back).

I was playing rengar, and wasn't able to gank and got really behind in xp. I tried wards, and while they gave warning it reulted in me having to basically run- when i saw them.

Any tips and tricks? What are you supposed to do when that happens?

Treza

08-26-2012

well in cases such as this the enemy team is just a stronger unit than your team is, and there really isnt anything you can do except try and do the same. wards are always your friend when jungling or being counter jungled but they can only go so far.. your team has to have the coordination to capitalize

when this happens just try and keep the entrances to your jungle warded and keep a keen eye on the map. talk it over with your team and discuss a plan of action if you spot anyone entering and always ping like crazy on the intruder

CreepingDeath04

08-26-2012

Wards and oracles, they will be more careful if they don't have vision.

Besides, your team has to help you when you're being invaded... there's no point in fighting 3vs1 while your team is sitting in their lanes farming.

DemonicAngel318

08-26-2012

Well, your first mistake was picking Rengar. Not just because he's Rengar, but because he's a slow jungler, he's vulnerable to counter-jungling anyway. All you can really do is get a Q off, or a W if you're starting that. You won't do any damage and you don't have any tankiness. You have to have your team guard you and your other buff while you wait for spawns. If you have advanced warning and know you can't fight it, rotate out and then take THEIR blue buff if they're at yours. Slow junglers like Amumu and Nautilus are particularly vulnerable to Shyvana and Nunu because they'll just get to the wraith or red camp before the others do.

seredhras

08-26-2012

Wards are key; but specifically wards outside the entrance of your jungle (if you ward to close you don't have enough warning)

Also Rengar isn't that great of a jungler, his ganks aren't the greatest and he isn't very fast. For junglers I personally enjoy Udyr, Olaf, and Nocturne (I know Olaf isn't a common jungler, but he is pretty good and a fun champion). Nunu's consume + smite makes him a pretty good counterjungler. Cho'Gath's AOE and Feast make him a fast jungler with excellent objective control.

When I jungle I like fast junglers.

seredhras

08-26-2012

Also you can add me in game for some under 30 fun (I'm level 25) and hopefully we have similar skill level