Draven needs some love

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

7he White Guy

08-25-2012

i love playing drven hs a my adc of choice but the fact is obvious that hes just underpowered. My reasoning behind this is built mainly on the fact that he has to rely on good teammates to get him kills. unlike other adc's in the game like xin zhoa who can rape anyone, draven is short-handed. all of his attacks/abilities give basically the same amount of damage the only diffence between them is that his ult has range and his E give a slow... his W is practically worthless and his Q remains worthless when hes fighting head on with another player. I man think about it.. his Q lasts for about one time and if you decide you want to catch it then your gonna have to keep moving in battle preventing you from attacking the other player so your never gonna win like that. So to sum all this up, imo draven relies full heartedly on his basic attacks in battle and i highly consider buffing him.

Shashakiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

When I play draven I out-power the other adc in early game which leads to late game...Saying his w is worthless is like saying graves w is worthless because they are very similar in utility and mechanics overall

maximumboss

08-25-2012

How can you say his W is worthless? Do you even play him? His W is amazing when coupled with double spinning axes. I almost always dominate the lane with him because he is so good at running and chunking.

7he White Guy

08-25-2012

i play him all the time but most of the time i cant get good with him unless the tank i lane with let me get fed
and i say his w is worthless cause it omly helps when escaping

maximumboss

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7he White Guy View Post
i play him all the time but most of the time i cant get good with him unless the tank i lane with let me get fed
and i say his w is worthless cause it omly helps when escaping
Well now I see your issue! First off- don't lane with a tank ( i assume you mean like cho?). Lane with a CC support like Ali or Taric or someone with a slow (like sona.) Draven needs a bit of setup to get momentum to begin to grow.

His W is really solid if you set up your axes. Get one up and last hit creeps till the cooldown comes up, and then just wait for the opportunity to rush onto the enemy carry with W active while getting a second spinning axe so that you can run and chunk. It's imperative that you catch the axes to refresh the cooldown and to keep up the juggling act.

Edit- Actually Cho would be solid. Anyone with a CC that can work in the support niche works well enough.

GurkenMAN

08-26-2012

Quote:
i love playing drven hs a my adc of choice but the fact is obvious that hes just underpowered. My reasoning behind this is built mainly on the fact that he has to rely on good teammates to get him kills. unlike other adc's in the game like xin zhoa who can rape anyone, draven is short-handed. all of his attacks/abilities give basically the same amount of damage the only diffence between them is that his ult has range and his E give a slow... his W is practically worthless and his Q remains worthless when hes fighting head on with another player. I man think about it.. his Q lasts for about one time and if you decide you want to catch it then your gonna have to keep moving in battle preventing you from attacking the other player so your never gonna win like that. So to sum all this up, imo draven relies full heartedly on his basic attacks in battle and i highly consider buffing him.
Obviously Draven doesnt need a buff.
Obviously you just need to practice some more.
He is my most played AD-Carry and i believe he is one of the strongest. By no means UP!

Blind Pick Hero

08-26-2012

He actually does higher damage than almost any other ad carry if you are catching axes. Try attacking in between axe throws then catching instead of dropping everything to catch it, and you won't lose damage. Late game draven is truly scary as he can literally kill the ap and ad carry within 2-3 q's (depending on crits)

Skilltestingman

08-26-2012

His constant spinning axes is probably the most damaging early, assuming you hit it right. He has a movement and AS speed steroid (altho not that great) and you can make his Ult hit a champ twice.

He's not underpowered by any means

Meserion

08-26-2012

Quote:
I lol'd when you said xin zhou is an ADC. Xin is a different kind of ADC, draven is ranged and Xin is not.

Draven is actually really strong where he is, indeed hes devastating in teamfights

12fingerJIM

08-26-2012

Stopped reading when you compared Draven to Xin, different champs, different roles. Draven is strong, it's just he has a high skill cap.