Game freezes with sound stutters then can't reconnect (DxDiag included)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

11-09-2012

Friendly bump for acknowledgement.

fillibusters

11-09-2012

I have this exact problem as well, it just kicked me out of a ranked game. The game locks up, but I cannot end the 'Leage of Legends.exe' process and have to restart my computer before a game will actually load.

miss elspeth

11-12-2012

So for most of October this was fine, but around a week ago it started acting up again. Anyone else have the same time period when it worked fine then didn't work? Maybe it had something to do with the patch.

Darlok

11-15-2012

YES! It was happening to me almost every game, and then it stopped happening for all of October. Now, with the recent patch, it's happening again.

Folkkk

12-20-2012

Happening to me too! Started with the seconds Preseason changes. I REALLY don't know what is going on. It just on LoL (others games, such Battlefield 3, Minecraft, CS: Go even Far Cry 3 all good and smooth).

I'm seriously thinking that Riot don't know what is going on. But well, let's see.

MadGinger

12-27-2012

Same problem here, would like a solution, running on a xps with a Geforce GT540m didnt have this problem for a like a year then it popped from nowhere, my cpu won't freeze in other games but in LoL, solution for now: set the game to work on your crappy intel video card, It's working for me. The problem is definitely from your video card i figured it out. Some video cards have issue with LoL prolly a compatibilty issue. Please riot check this out.

Charles Gnarkley

12-27-2012

Just 2 hours ago this happend to me as well, i brought my settings down to the lowest possible and they only way i can even run LoL now is if i shut EVERYTHING BUT LoL down to play it. My comp works fine running TF2, SC2 WoW, and even DnD not a single bit of lag at all but in LoL it makes my WHOLE computer freeze and the sound goes mecha- right before it crashes almost 30s into any game. Riot we need your help on what to do to fix this i'm not going to factory reset my computer unless it is the only way.

MadGinger

12-31-2012

Bump, actuallt formated my C drive and the only thing i could notice was the freeze came from the most recent driver of my geforce. Had to install the one from my driver cd, the original one and it fixed the problem.

miss elspeth

01-04-2013

Any idea what version of the driver that is? Just lost a > 1 hr back and forth ranked 5s game because my client crashed right as we initiated a fight with towerless inhibitors on both sides and death timers at > 1 min... so sad right now.

IS142937ce77e637

01-13-2013

Bump
I've had same problem since early December, tried re-installing the game, still the same
Have anyone tried rebooting the whole computer?

Also OP. good explanation