Game freezes with sound stutters then can't reconnect (DxDiag included)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Milranduil

09-02-2012

I actually have been having this problem too. It's only and always during the first game that I play upon a restart. After that, I'm golden... makes no sense. Hope a response is gotten from support for the above poster. Would love to hear a solution.

Lkuzar

09-05-2012

Same thing has been happening to me ever since the new patches involving Rengar / Sona skin etc, For me what happens is that I'm in the game for a while then I just randomly freeze for like 30 secs to 2 minutes or so, Ive kept track of how long im frozen for and then it just unfreezes after those 2 minutes or so, would really appreciate some feedback, i know its not my graphics card or overheating, Ive double checked those.

Amandalin

09-06-2012

This is happening to me too, has anyone gotten their problem fixed? I have no idea what to do. The lag and sound stutter has become worst after I updated my graphics/sound driver! My fps is 50 and ping is 93 ms usually, so I don't know what is wrong.

Amandalin

09-06-2012

This is happening to me too. :/ Has anyone gotten their problem fixed?? The weirdest thing is the lag and sound stutter I experienced seems to have gotten worst after I updated my graphics/sound driver. It can't be my internet either because my fps is 60 and ping is 93 ms and yet I still get these recent sound stutter and lag.

miss elspeth

09-06-2012

Mine never unfreezes, I've tried leaving it on for twenty-plus minutes before. After I got a new cooler it feels like the crashes are less frequent so I'm suspecting that it may be overheating after all, but it's very possible that this is just confirmation bias speaking since I didn't keep track of numbers.

Support responded with a more-or-less generic request for more information and suggestions like video settings, turning off unnecessary programs, etc, I responded, and they haven't responded yet.

I'm going to reinstall windows tomorrow and see if that helps at all.

miss elspeth

09-19-2012

Still broken with a fresh install of windows. I've played SC2 for hours on end without a crash so I'm relatively certain that this is a LoL issue.

Windman44

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

i have the same issue right now. Im not sure what to do, ever since the hotfix patch yesterday i cant play a game without freezing up and unable to alt+tab to close. I have to restart my laptop to get out of the frozen game.

konfetarius

10-07-2012

So, zero riot response? This specific crash ruined at least 6 games this week for me.

XgiangianX

10-26-2012

Bump.

Really good OP describing the problem really well. I just had this happen to me twice in the past week. No response?

konfetarius

11-05-2012

Moar bumps.

Can we at least get a red post acknowledging that this happens? I agree that the crash itself isn't as big of an issue as the fact that you have to ****ing restart the computer to end the process and rejoin the game.

Incidentally, I never seen this crash happen while spectating a game.