Request for general advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

08-31-2012

Just something to throw out there that hasn't been mentioned...

If you're trying to get a feel for a particular champion, and bot games aren't helpful for you. Try Dominion. Dominion won't teach you how to lane at all, but you'll get plenty of PvP action in, which will give you a lot of practise at using the champiion in fights, so you can get a proper feel for how they actually work.

It's not a perfect way to go about doing it or anything, but I find it a good way to take the measure of a new champ, or to test a new item build idea without dragging a team down in a normal game.

edit - and if CSing is your problem, just go into a custom game by yourself, throw in a bot on the enemy team, go to a lane the bot isn't in and practise. Most of CSing is getting used to your character's attack animation and how much damage it will do. Once you're comfortable with it, move to an intermediate bot game, try to coax the mid lane from your team, and practise it again with a bot trying to kill you - they do a credible job of that. Once you're okay with CSing under pressure, you should be able to apply it to actual games without much further trouble. It shouldn't take -too- much time practising to get more comfortable with the idea.

FaerellG

09-01-2012

Urgot is not an AD carry. He is AD based and he is a damage dealer, but he doesn't carry. He just simply doesn't do enough damage for it. Urgot is a lane bully designed for countering AD carries to shut them down in lane.

This isn't to say that you don't take him bot and don't try to CS (cause you do both of these things), but the primary goal with Urgot is not to get farmed and pwn face, but instead the primary goal is to harass the every living **** out of your lane opponents denying the enemy team a fed AD carry.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

Meaning that my lower CS score isn't necessarily as much of a problem as I thought, at least as far as when I'm playing Urgot?

Then again, it's not like I was focusing on harassing and that's why I wasn't able to CS - I was actually trying to farm, so that's probably still a timing and precision issue on my end.