Mordekaizer TANK/AP build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gurhal

08-25-2012

Hello people! How are you on this beuti-MORDEKAIZER!-day?

So, I started playing MORDEKAIZER! yersterday, and I really loved him, both lore and gameplay wisely, but I'm having a few problems with the item build. (I say "Item" because I'm not yet lvl30.)

If I go tanky, I enjoy a very good survivabillity, but I only start to kill stuff at late game. If I go AP and Spell Vamp from the start as a friend suggested, I get... squishy, and MORDEKAIZER! shall never be squishy.

I've read a few guides and watched a few videos, MORDEKAIZER! does not seem to be very popular, and there is only a limited amount of them out there (most not very good, I must add.)

Can you guys give me a hand? I want to be ****in' iron wall that can kill stuff before lvl16. : )

My masteries are like that so far:

http://i.imgur.com/h3wgm.jpg

M3GaL0d0n

08-25-2012

Hmm, I so you want to play Mordekaiser huh?

Well, I got really into Morde when I first started playing but then I fell in love with jungling so I tend to skip solo top and mid whenever I can. However this isn't about me, so lets talk Morde.

Morde's been called a "Carry," too many times, its because he has no innate CC. So he relies on teammates for CC to set up kills. Morde is really an Offtank, he deals good damage while recieving free defensive stats through Creeping Death and Iron Man. Morde's been nerfed pretty hard since last year but he's been brought back up to a viable champion that now deals much less damage with much higher sustain. Its worth noting that morde rarely does much damage even in late-game, almost all of his damage comes from successfully killing an enemy marked with Children of the Grave. This sends his damage through the roof and allows for scary amounts of fight sustain.

For a build, my goto Items are...

-Mecury Treads Or Ninja Tabi (Ninja Tabi are generally useless since the removal of dodge, unless your only threat is a AD carry(ies))
-Hextech Gunblade (You shouldn't rush this, only get the Revolver until you hit midgame)
-Sunfire Cape (Bonus Magicdamge, plus you can push lanes stupidly fast)
-Abyssal Specter (MR reduction aura amplifies your teams damage around you)
-Lich Bane (The damage on Mace of Spades man, holey buckets)
-Rylai's Crystal Scepter

I need to leave this mini-guide to be finished later, its very late here, so I will leave you to try out some of the items and see how you like them, I will edit this and answer any questions you have later. I heard you aren't level 30 yet, so I will not discuss runes and masteries right now.

GLHF

deadlyzaraki1987

08-25-2012

If.I play him I usually ho sorcerer shoes for.the mag pen. Will of he ancients rylais deathcap GA and abyssal sceptre. He can also use a warmogs and force of nature lol

Cenerae

08-25-2012

Build Morde like a tanky mage. Don't get any purely defensive items (except MAYBE a quicksilver sash or guardian angel depending on the game), but instead get things like Rylai's, Zhonya's and Abyssal. Throw in a deathcap, a will of the ancients and your boots and you're good to go.

If you put too much emphasis on raw defence, your damage will be garbage and unless you can get a ghost of the enemy carry you'll do nothing in teamfights. So don't do that.

AskKarthus

08-25-2012

I looked up a guide today and this is the build that it recommended.

Sorc boots
WOTA
Rylais
Deathcap
Abyssal Scepter
Lich Bane

I tried it out and it works very well.

Gurhal

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GaL0d0n View Post
Hmm, I so you want to play Mordekaiser huh?

Well, I got really into Morde when I first started playing but then I fell in love with jungling so I tend to skip solo top and mid whenever I can. However this isn't about me, so lets talk Morde.

Morde's been called a "Carry," too many times, its because he has no innate CC. So he relies on teammates for CC to set up kills. Morde is really an Offtank, he deals good damage while recieving free defensive stats through Creeping Death and Iron Man. Morde's been nerfed pretty hard since last year but he's been brought back up to a viable champion that now deals much less damage with much higher sustain. Its worth noting that morde rarely does much damage even in late-game, almost all of his damage comes from successfully killing an enemy marked with Children of the Grave. This sends his damage through the roof and allows for scary amounts of fight sustain.

For a build, my goto Items are...

-Mecury Treads Or Ninja Tabi (Ninja Tabi are generally useless since the removal of dodge, unless your only threat is a AD carry(ies))
-Hextech Gunblade (You shouldn't rush this, only get the Revolver until you hit midgame)
-Sunfire Cape (Bonus Magicdamge, plus you can push lanes stupidly fast)
-Abyssal Specter (MR reduction aura amplifies your teams damage around you)
-Lich Bane (The damage on Mace of Spades man, holey buckets)
-Rylai's Crystal Scepter

I need to leave this mini-guide to be finished later, its very late here, so I will leave you to try out some of the items and see how you like them, I will edit this and answer any questions you have later. I heard you aren't level 30 yet, so I will not discuss runes and masteries right now.

GLHF
Interesting view on MORDEKAIZER!, my friend. Thanks for the tips.

Can you please give me some specifics to? I've been trying to solo mid on PVPs with Mord, and I just did two awesome games (around 12/2 each)... But, in those, the mid lane was always beeing kept by a meelee champion. Then I got two terrible ones, where my ass got raped: one vs a Heidmeruhauhradsfrfs and his god damn cannons, and one against a Fiddlesticks, that made me feel patetic.

How can I counter so much raw damage when my shield is hardly up at early lvls? I did Merc for the Tenacity against Fiddle, but... nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Build Morde like a tanky mage. Don't get any purely defensive items (except MAYBE a quicksilver sash or guardian angel depending on the game), but instead get things like Rylai's, Zhonya's and Abyssal. Throw in a deathcap, a will of the ancients and your boots and you're good to go.

If you put too much emphasis on raw defence, your damage will be garbage and unless you can get a ghost of the enemy carry you'll do nothing in teamfights. So don't do that.
Thanks, man. I'll look into these itens!

Junkee2990

08-26-2012

By no means am I a great player..just started playing 3 weeks ago-ish but I found a build that usually works really well for me. Open with boots and 3 health pots (do not spam your abilities on minions) I than save 1200 for the hextech revolver, than 750 for sourcer's boots than 1300 for WOTA, than Rylais, Lich Bane, and just to be able to take some damage I go for Guardian Angel and Randuimans Omen. It's worker really well for me. I can go off sometimes and get 20-ish kills and a handful of deaths (I love to play mid)

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...o-shred-237561

This is the guide I used and as I've said it works well for me and I like to go mid. I prefer ghost over flash and obviously the ignite for the children of the grave combo. Hope I helped!

Edit: Just saw your talent point build, my damage output might be a bit higher as I put 9 points in offense first and than started the defense tree

Arkzus

08-26-2012

There's a lot of good advice in this thread so far, but I'd like to add a bit more to it. Back when I used to play, Morde was my main champ so I frequently participated in threads here about him. A little of the info in my posts may be a bit outdated due to mastery changes and nerfs, etc, but the reasoning is still accurate, so I'll leave a few links here to some of the threads I posted in. Some of my posts in them are extremely long, but worth the read if you're willing to take the time. I figure this would be easier than me practically typing out a thesis about Morde anyway. Also, my statements in these are purely my opinions and how I play Morde, it is not the only way to build him, so take from them what you will. Good luck!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=308186
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=883517
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=921942

Nishaven90

08-27-2012

I main Mordekaiser and have a variety of builds for him depending on the situation. Generally I build AP:

Sorcerers Shoes, Will of the Ancients, Rylais, Lich Bane, Abyssal Scepter and Deathcap.

But when the lane is hard and I need to tank a lot of damage, I build:

Sorcerers Shoes, Hextech Gunblade, Warmog's Armour, Abyssal Scepter, Guardian Angel, Void Staff.

Etherimp

08-27-2012

Don't buy warmogs. Waste of an item slot on Morde.

I start with lots of pots.. either 13 pots or Regen Bead + 6 pots.

Farm until you have 1650 gold.. this will get you:

Boots 1
Hextech Revolver
2 Wards

Ward your lane.

Next item is Sorc Shoes + Deathfire Grasp. Abyssal Scepter after DFG.. Then build either Tanky or AP depending on how much you're dying. Randuins Omen, Zhonyas Hourglass, Rylais Crystal Scepter, and other AP/Defense hybrid items are best. (Yes, I understand Randuins is not a hybrid item.)