Prospector's Ring vs. Ruby Crystal and Amp Tome start

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

08-25-2012

Prospector's Ring - 200 HP, 30 AP, 7 mana / 5. Builds into nothing.

Ruby Crystal + Amp Tome - 180 HP, 20 AP, Builds into Haunting Guise and many other items.

Why don't more players start Crystal and Tome over Ring? It's mildly weaker for the windmill fight, but much stronger once it is turned into an early Haunting Guise. It could also be rushed into a Sweeper.

larkhill

08-25-2012

so much of a dominion game hinges on that early fight that any advantage you can possibly get, people will likely go for it

FDru

08-25-2012

Prospector's are the most efficient items you can buy until you have to replace it. In most games you never even end up replacing it though.

If you don' t use mana, then ruby + tome is probably better.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

You are acting like if 7 mana/5 is nothing important, if that's your case sure. But the fact is that is something very important.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

Early advantage > a slightly better advantage later on

Redeemed In Fire

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
You are acting like if 7 mana/5 is nothing important, if that's your case sure. But the fact is that is something very important.
For windmill fight? Just bring a mana pot until you can go back and grab a meki pendant (chalice is strong on a surprising number of champs). Bot, same there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty View Post
Early advantage > a slightly better advantage later on
In summoner's rift, yes. In dominion, an advantage over X time in the game only gets you some more points lead, it doesn't make it significantly easier to maintain that lead.

naotasan

08-25-2012

I buy the ring always. Why? Because when I need more room for a better item, I can always just sell the ring off.

FeanorAlmighty

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
In summoner's rift, yes. In dominion, an advantage over X time in the game only gets you some more points lead, it doesn't make it significantly easier to maintain that lead.
I would say it's the other way around. In SR it's easier to make a comeback with one good teamfight.

And you say something about a mana potion, dude you need health not mana.

naotasan

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty View Post
I would say it's the other way around. In SR it's easier to make a comeback with one good teamfight.

And you say something about a mana potion, dude you need health not mana.
In Summoners Rift, one bad team fight results in the game being a loss.
In Dominion, one bad team fight results in a quick reset and regroup to try again.

HaIfhearted

08-25-2012

The ring is one of the few good sources of MP5 in the game.

The extra regen makes a fairly significant difference early-on, and this is coming from someone who drinks mana pots like they're cream soda.