For laning who is better Olaf or Akali

Olaf 26 76.47%
Akali 8 23.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

For laning Olaf or Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tigerchild

08-25-2012

Im trying to decide which one to buy

NovanFlame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

I would say Olaf as he is easier to learn than Akali. Akali can do more damage than Olaf but sacrifices the ability to build health to do so and also becomes useless if you don't become dominant early on. Olaf however can build almost pure HP and still will do a decent amount of damage and generally has more sustain than Akali until it reaches late game. Olaf also isn't as limited by his cooldowns as Akali is.

Dreadgoat54321

08-25-2012

Akali is my most played champ. I think Olaf is better (that and vikings are cooler then ninjas).

Tho these two champs aren't similar to each other at all.

Jesot

08-25-2012

I've never played Olaf, but just picked up Akali. Soooo fun. Her and Jax are my two current favorites. But I took forever to even attempt her. She isn't easy to play well.

I'd get both because they fill different roles, but if you aren't experienced, I've get Olaf first.

Cenerae

08-25-2012

Olaf is probably the stronger overall pick, and Akali requires her own rune page dedicated to her to make the most out of her.

Akali can crush certain lanes though. And by crush, I mean make them wish they'd never been born. She can also be used in mid lane as well as top so she has more flexibility.

LarcyBrown

08-26-2012

do note that akali is a burst combo and timing champ, you need to be able to time combos very well to be good with her.Also akali you will need to master the use of hextech gunblade.Active item usage is not for everyone , adds up on difficulty,its another thing to consider when u plan on getting her.

Olaf? he is rather easy, the only thing you need to learn on him is aiming axes and build proper hp items thats it.Other then that. pop ghost and your ult and faceroll rape some squishies with ur skills.
he is quite a bit more simple to play but is less strong then akali overall.

EDIT: lvl 1 or lvl 2 olaf with ghost can rape face ANY opponents top lane if you continuesly land axes throw and pick em up.
akali very good kill burst potential only starts at lvl 6, before that you have to expose urself to combo properly leaving you kinda wide open, you do have the shroud to hide in but thats usually not enough for any kill potential pre 6.

catwang0

08-26-2012

Ive only played Akali before, not Olaf, but Olaf does look like a pretty good pusher and he can dish out some serious damage (I have a friend who plays him). Akali is really fun to play. She has high burst and I just like her.

I don't know about who is best for laning, because it really all depends.

Zoser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

Akali requires precise combo's to get the maximum benefit out of. Plus, akali is severely punished by any mistake she makes, and has to carefully manage her energy (especially in regards to her invisibility).

Olaf is much more forgiving of mistakes and is an "in-your-face" bruiser that can't really be stopped.

If you prefer sneaky in-n-out dash assassins, go with Akali
If you prefer big, hard hitting, chasing, bruisers, go with Olaf.

BK Ambientz

08-27-2012

Lately their tends to be a trend towards big tanky bruisers going top. I'd be going with Olaf for this. But if you're doing draft pick and they dont have a tanky top, either is fine