Where does one play AP Ezreal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Master

08-25-2012

So in the latest patch note preview, they're buffing Essence Flux to make AP Ezreal viable.

My question is this: where does one play AP Ezreal?

When I was just starting out in LoL, I played AP Ezreal mid, but is that actually viable?
And is it a good idea to play AP Ezreal in bot lane instead of an ADC?

Which role fits AP Ezreal?

FilthySaint

08-25-2012

Mid requires godlike last hitting and knowledge of your enemy.
He has no hard cc, so it's rather tough to get kills early on, which is something most Ezreals should strive for.
This is why he's usually played bot lane with a support.

Shadow Master

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthySaint View Post
Mid requires godlike last hitting and knowledge of your enemy.
He has no hard cc, so it's rather tough to get kills early on, which is something most Ezreals should strive for.
This is why he's usually played bot lane with a support.
Well, the thing is, I only ever see AD Ezreal in bot, hence the question.

Would AP Ezreal work in bot lane with a support?

ProPlayerEd

08-25-2012

Quote:
Well, the thing is, I only ever see AD Ezreal in bot, hence the question.

Would AP Ezreal work in bot lane with a support?
That would mean you will have to place your ADC in mid lane and that can be bad as most ADC just want farm early and are relatively weak early game which is why the support is there to help them through the tough parts.

I feel as though your throwing your balls on the table and it will most likely get chopped.

there maybe some comps that can do this but still, your Balls are on the table mate.

Also since Ap Mages scale better with lvls, the support is taking up some exp therefore depriving you of one objective.

I'm not an expert but I'm here to just tell you, WATCH YOUR BALLS MAN!

TeknoWizard

08-25-2012

Okay, I played AP Ezreal mid a few times, so I'm just going to toss out there what I know.

He has REALLY high burst damage. You wouldn't expect the amount that comes out of W-E-Q-R. The main way you play him is to poke them down with W, as it goes through minions and hurts a ton when stacking AP. Then when they're low, you fire a W at them, jump on them, Q them, ignite, and fire off your ult when they're running. Now, AP Ezreal takes big balls to play well. What I mean by that, is that to burst them, you have to use your escape spell to bring out a lot of your damage. So if you get baited into going in, you're probably in a LOT of trouble. I like going Deathcap into Lich's Bane, as opposed to Lich's Bane first. I do this because the extra damage on his W is better than getting the proc on his Q.