A Sneak Peek at What's Coming...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Antroxium

10-17-2012

Riot isn't slacking,it takes a year to 2 years to develop such a map due to the complete change in buffs, new lore, designers and artists working around the clock to draw the map, and all that fancy stuff. Spider Queen was an idea revealed almost 2 years ago, and now she is being released, same with pulsefire ezreal, that was revealed a LONGG time ago, but it took them much time to actual finish the development of it. Good luck to Riot and yall's team on creating this map! Can't wait to be playing it within a year or 2, and keep it coming with new champions every month! That takes much work on the development team to do such tasks. Please do the players updated so their restlessness is put to ease a bit!

Alaric Skywalker

11-29-2012

I almost wonder if they're planning on adding it when season 3 comes about to probably introduce a new kind of battle other than classic and dominion. For instance, it could be a "capture the flag" or a battle where you have to kill all of the minions on the enemy team (there'd be a set limit) and take out an enemy champion a certain number of times (3 to 5 is a reasonable starting number of lives, and they could be gained as one levels up and/or kills minions) and if there's a rivalry between two opposing champions, the winning champion (if the rivaling champions battle,..., assists would count as well) would win more IP at the end of the match (if it didn't matter what the outcome of the battle was and if everything else was equal in IP). Either way, it'd make room for a season 3 cinematic, similarly to how the unfinished (but still viewable) Dominion cinematic could be viewed as the season 2 cinematic (in my opinion).

This is just my opinion about it. It may not be totally true. Still, if anyone of you from Riot who knows anything about Magma Chamber's status has anything to comment on about my hypothesis (assuming you're allowed to), feel free to give me your input. Any info that you're willing to share will help the summoners of the Field of Justice know that you still care about them (my main reason for mentioning this is, on the League of Legends wiki, Magma Chamber is classified under "Upcoming Content" and I wanted to know how valid it is as of now).

depividu

01-04-2013

Hy i read it somewhere that "2013 Summer Magma Chamber!"Good Luck Riot in your works!!

A Bronze V Noob

02-05-2013

soon* tm

PsylentFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
Summoners!

If you're looking for a bit of insider info on what's down the road in the world of Runeterra, we're here to give you a little taste of what's to come. If you picked up the November issue of PC Gamer, this will probably mostly be a recap for you. Now remember that these are just a bit of a sneak preview. Anything that you see here is subject to change, so take it all with that proverbial grain of salt. That being said, we hope that this gives you an even better idea of some of the awesomeness that's on the horizon in Valoran.

Inside the Magma Chamber!

If there's one thing that we've learned about Runeterrans, it's that they're huge cartography enthusiasts. We get more requests for maps than we do just about anything else in League of Legends. So, without further ado, allow me to give you a sneak peek at an upcoming Field of Justice that we're calling: The Magma Chamber.

Deep within the obsidian mountain from which the Institute of War is sculpted lies the League’s most intense Field of Justice to date – the Magma Chamber. Before the time of the League, the Chamber was the heart of a powerful, but now dormant, volcano. Ancient magma flows cut out a gigantic cavernous room that the League has reshaped for its own purposes. This battle arena was built specifically to address the increasing number of disputes between Demacia and Noxus. It is one of the largest Fields of Justice found anywhere on Valoran. To that end, teleporting platforms provide champions with the ability to rapidly relocate to strategic points in the arena. The magic-infused stone and cooled magma that dominates the structure of the arena will force champions to work together more closely in pushing toward the enemy’s nexus. It will be harder for a champion to rely on their summoner to traverse hazards and obstacles. The League is preparing this Field of Justice to be the premier arena for its use; as such, a slew of new monsters and minions await champions in what will surely be their greatest challenge yet.

So, Byronic Hero, what ever happened to Magma Chamber? I know that you guys are busy with Season 3 and all, but I'd like to know if its dead or not. I love Crystal Scar, and Twisted Treeline, but I would love it if you guys would put out another map!

Supahjeenius

02-10-2013

been 2 years.
Still waiting.

Chazual Fridays

02-27-2013

According to my (brief) research, the Magma Chamber was ditched in favor of the Crystal Scar/the Dominion mode. Still, though, it'd be nice to have another map for the classic mode. I feel like they add a lot more flavor and potential than, say, a new champion, since each map has different metas, a different pool of champions that are especially good, etc., etc. Basically, I think you get a lot more bang for your buck from a map than a champion, though both are certainly ideal/necessary (however you look at it).

Meh, just my thoughts, but again, it'd be nice to see a new map. I'd fancy a 4v4 map myself, but that's mainly because I frequently find myself playing with three friends than four, haha.

-Chaz

Curryiscold

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

MAGMa CHAMBER WHERE?????

Foodshock

04-22-2013

So... Is this still in development?

0oMaskero0

05-02-2013

Im still waiting!