Do you think LOL should have a bigger/longer map than Twisted treeline?

Yes 36 92.31%
No 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Map Idea: 8v8 Classic gameplay

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

islesofurth

08-25-2012

back when i played war3 there were dota style maps that could last up to 2 hours.
ever since I've wanted to play something similar on LOL however nothing longer than "Summoners Rift" exists as of yet.
so i have created this map with that game and maps already present in LOL.
the general terrain is mountains and jungle with the central part of the map being the highest point and the outer areas being the lower
fighting on a mountainside with jungles add a different strategic approach as parts of the jungle are high and reveal alot more terrain
this map is also twice the size of the "Summoners Rift" map so it gives the possibility of more janglers and more team strategy

As this map is twice the size and expected to take 60-90min new items types based on map movement and placement and more support orientated items could be expected in LOL

PS: please forgive the incorrect naming in the poll the correct question is
Q: Do you think LOL should have a bigger/longer map than Summoners Rift?

SyskyIsNifty

08-25-2012

I could work on a diagram, if you don't mind.

Hordemaster90

08-25-2012

Looks cool. A game like this looks like it could get incredibly intense!

ALMoSawi

08-25-2012

i agree with you but i mostly prefer from 5 vs 5 to 7 vs 7

looking forward for a map that takes 1 hour and above

ADC SENPAl

08-26-2012

I personally don't like the idea, I think it would be weird with so many champions and having two people in each lane (6 people) and then two in the jungle would not only be stupid and boring to watch. But it games would take hours and be so slow paced because of how little experience you would get compared to if it was only 5 people playing. Not only this but the game is slower and it would take people twice as long to get items making the game slower and 10x more boring to watch/play for people.

islesofurth

08-26-2012

@MishaIsAwesome

that would be great mate, i did have an image of my idea attached but i'm not sure if it shows or not. but any ideas for this would be great

@ALMoSawi
if Riot does release a bigger map it will yes most likely be 7v7 hehe

@ForgivEnemy
i understand your fear of more meaning less, but i'm sure RIOT would change multiple things to keep the pacing of the game on track, Remember there not just everyday map editors on w3, this is RIOT