Digi-Art Entry Lux (EPIC) [WIP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DanRileyCG

02-01-2013

Hey guys, I've been working on this a TON. I've been very much dedicated to this, and will be working on it relentlessly right up to the end. It's been difficult to work on because I have school and I work full time. o.O

I thought I'd stop by and unveil what I'm working on. Okay, so it's only a small PIECE of the much larger whole. I can't show the whole body anyway--- she's naked. oops.

It will be colored in the end--- still got to add in the BG too. She'll be sporting two items, though you may not be able to make out what she's holding, fear not-- I will be updating, revealing more and more of it as I go.

***Critiques are welcome, the face isn't finalized. I was working on her hair at the time of this screenshot. I assure you this will be HIGHLY detailed when done.

2/6/13 - Added color WIP (Note: The facial features, especially the eyes, are not final. I rendered them as more of a place holder. I'm trying to back out now, and focus on the broader picture, then work in the details later. This again is not the full image. Just a portion.)

Thanks guys,
Dan

SoapyFork

02-02-2013

Hey you just posted in my thread
I love the amount of expression you have. It really makes me want to see the whole thing haha. Really great job though. I wish I were so skilled with drawing faces

DanRileyCG

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoapyFork View Post
Hey you just posted in my thread
I love the amount of expression you have. It really makes me want to see the whole thing haha. Really great job though. I wish I were so skilled with drawing faces
Thanks for the comments! It's nothing but practice man, I'm sure you'll be able to draw faces as good as/ better than me with dedicated practice. I really wanted to convey the power in her ultimate in this piece, she's screaming because yes, she's ulting. Can't wait to further refine her face, it's currently a much lower resolution because I scaled it up.

It's been really fun to work on. Gah, I should really be in bed. It's 4am here. ahh! Goodnight, I'll try to post more ASAP!

OfRedAndBlue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Ohh, I want to see more! I love Lux and the realism you've got going on here is AMAZING.

DanRileyCG

02-05-2013

Some of you would like to see more. Well, here's more.

See attached updated WIP

Note: The facial features, especially the eyes, are not final. I rendered them as more of a place holder. I'm trying to back out now, and focus on the broader picture, then work in the details later. This again is not the full image. Just a portion.

Please feel free to comment and critique!!

Daemon

02-05-2013

Is she wearing a custom outfit or have you not drawn clothes on her yet?

DanRileyCG

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Is she wearing a custom outfit or have you not drawn clothes on her yet?
Both. I blocked in the general shape of her outfits, though I haven't finished. When I'm done she will have a new costume entirely.

OtherMaT

02-06-2013

This will be op

DanRileyCG

02-06-2013

Haha, thanks man. I'm aiming for OP!

Scapegoaty

02-06-2013

You think it'll get done in time without rushing parts of it? :0