Looking for good offtank/bruiser/tanky DPS?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StarWing4230

08-24-2012

Hi, I've played league of legends for not a long time and I have just reached summoner lv 15. (or 16, I have a bad memory) and only play normal blind pick with a similar level friend or by myself. Would appreciate if you didn't call me a noob. I have about 5000 ip saved up and can save up more for those 6000 champs. I have only had had success with garen, tried MANtheon but just couldn't get the hang of him. (Not enough damage :P) Tried Twisted Fate, couldn't get the hang of him either. I just played about 2 games? Beginner AI with Xin, completely owned both games (as to be expected from beginner bot.) I've seen some gameplay of Darius and Riven, they look pretty cool but riven looks a bit too high skill level for me. Now the question is, do you guys have any ideas for good offtank/bruiser/tanky DPS champs?? (Would prefer AD) Thanks for your time.

NutChip

08-24-2012

You should really give Riven a try. She isn't all that hard to learn and she is a TON of fun in my opinion. She has good utility and a super short cool down for her ultimate.

StarWing4230

08-24-2012

Well, if I get Riven (or any 6300 champ) that will be my first big investment of ip on anything. I'm just trying to make sure because Riven looks kinda hard to juggle that 3-combo q and that auto attack-sheen-like passive and that stun and that dash. (Getting confused just by saying it :P) Thanks for the quick reply btw.

Dorsia

08-25-2012

jax, olaf, wukong, xin zhao would be good options. (in that order too in my opinion)

Seomate Hyun

08-25-2012

Riven is the first champ that come to my mind when i saw this
Jax is also good with your requirement
Nasus can be a good option for you
coz he cost only 1350 IP

Seomate Hyun

08-25-2012

Riven is a good choice
also Nasus would be a good option for u
coz he cost only 1350n IP

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

Most guides will tell you to build her otherwise, but with her Ult Evelynn becomes absurdly tanky and can still dish out tons of damage. If you build sheen, then go straight Armor/MR ( I usually start GA, then build accordingly. Sometimes Aegis after GA). With your ult, you can take full fire from an entire team for a good 6s while your team creams them.

Also, a good thing about playing Evelynn tank, is most people have the urge to kill her immediately. So they focus you, and anytime you can get someone to focus the tank you win.

Captain FuxFire

08-25-2012

Karthus is always the answer.

GreenJ

08-25-2012

Nidalee as an AD Bruiser is great for your liking. She can poke people down, and then go in for the kill in her cougar form. She also has a great healing skill to stay in lane, as well as a skill that kind of acts like a ward. If you need any help with anything, please feel free to add me in game as GreenJ or e-mail me at greenj7830@gmail.com. Good Luck!

-GreenJ

Rykaal

08-25-2012

Darius is only good for stomping early game, late game he melts when focused, his ult is only good for ks'ing late game, and his grab can annoy your team if you use it wrong. So Darius may not be a good pick for you.