Late August Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aspir3

08-25-2012

Good rework <3 i love you riot!

Shinjuro

08-25-2012

Just buff every champ by 1 hp and 1 ad +ap! And everyone will be happy!

Shinjuro

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpadHero View Post
Graves? Faceroll? Wrong. Graves hasn't been doing anything for a loooooooooooooong time now.

When I saw "Changed to Graves" I thought FINALLY He'll be playable again. I was dead wrong now he's more unplayable than ever.

@Riot stop messing up graves. I'm not gonna kiss up to you like other summoners in this thread. Take another look. You're destroying him. Rethink your decision and try again. Preferably this time with something that's not terrible and will give graves some more playability@

After this nerf nobody is going to play him. Why do you think you don't see him played as much anymore? After the buckshot nerf Graves lost his damage capabilities leaving him far behind other ADCs his attack speed was already slow and now its going to be molasses slow. I could see them nerfing attack speed but buffing his damage significantly. I think they're just making Graves worse each time even though other adcs are already overshadowing him.

Buckshot - Bad Damage - Nerfed
Attack speed- Slow as hell - Nerfed
Base Damage - Bad.- Nerfed
Smoke Screen - Nerfed.
Attack range- Lol.
Survivability almost non existent.

Graves use to be one of my favorite champs. Now I don't even want to play him. Ever. Thanks for making me spend $10 on a skin for a champ that you nerfed to death Riot. I'll think before I buy skins from now on.

Lol I spend money on games too, but only games like cod and Starcraft....I never spend money on a massive multiplayer games......

Meru448

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
He's getting some too. Don't worry!
]

the leaked notes if they are to be believed as complete only show a slight early game buff to expunge(which is welcome).

What about his passive/ambush(duration/as steroid wonkiness & duration/venom cask/spray n pray duration/range reduction?) additionally his base stats, primarily the AD reduction that happened in the remake.

To elaborate.

On the passive -> I think it should be reworked to be more interesting, but at the very least I believe the damage should be returned from pre-remake, it is a pretty weak amount of damage. what would be super cool is if after using expunge twitch's attacks do a varying level of true damage based on the number of stacks on the target, or slow the target. or something. More interaction would be great, more damage would be fine.

On Ambush -> the biggest complaint is: no other champion in the game has to wait 3 to 5 seconds for their buff to kick in, this is extremely unsatisfying in team fights/in general. -> Answer 1: Remove the fade time(which makes it easier to escape, but solves your problem) Answer 2: Move the AS steroid to venom cask(which doesn't make sense, but would solve the problem of it being on-demand)

On Ambush duration: it is simply too short, baseline needs to be 8s. capping at 15 to 20. movement speed needs to be gained during the fade time as well as while stealthed.

On the duration of the AS Steroid: Why you remove 5 seconds of duration? please return.

On Venom Cask: this is only worth casting if you do not have something in range to attack, as you lose auto attack time, it needs to progressively add more stacks of deadly venom per level, or do some damage. also, as aforementioned moving the AS steroid here makes sense from a mechanics perspective to make it more on demand.

On Spray n Pray: The range is too short, and it is still far too easy to dodge even in the middle of a team fight. the duration being reduced to 7 seconds is also kind of sad, 10s would be better, the original 12 would be great. Additionally the damage cap needs to be moved "up" from 60% minimum to 80% minimum, Also, it should not be reduced by minions.

Thanks.

Bommuis

08-25-2012

I like what you doing in this patch. keep it up

ganggreen

08-25-2012

hopefully with the nerfs ppl will finally see varus in good light and might actually pick him besides me lol

Geofal

08-25-2012

When the hell are you going to nerf Darius....

DersMachine

08-25-2012

Can we get a Darius nerf? You've Nerfed Diana and Zyra and you barely touched Darius. I actually dont really play LoL that much anymore because it seems to me that some champions just wreck everything and im glad to see some of them getting nerfed but seriously some champions need reworks like sejuani or karma and others need nerfs like Darius and Darius or maybe Darius.

Aya Shameimaru

08-25-2012

so yeah, diana's getting nerfed. Take that "l2dodge people" yeah her ability is easy to dodge. but so is a lot of skill shots, and you still get hit at least once. Due to her old high burst, you HAVE to dodge it or else it has more consequence than many other characters.

Main example was Ahri v Diana, did perfectly fine pre 6 because she couldn't get close enough to do her full combo. Ended up 2-0 pre-6. She comes back, underfarmed, and underleveled and only has 2 doran rings, while I'm here with a fiendish codex, sorc boots, and giants belt, she could do 75% of my health with her burst, and I would be trading with maybe 50% with my full burst, and that's without her shield.

victory hail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

nerfs to diana: no surpise since we all kno u make champs OP on release on purpose
nerfs to corki, absolutly stupid, hes already not played very much except in the top ranked games.....how about u worry about the other 90% of players for a change?
buffs to eve: fine, now how about twitch the other champ u royally screwed up?
ez and graves? graves hooray ez .....hes already strong enough now hes OPish