How to Team Fight as Single-Target Melee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GenghisX

08-24-2012

Obviously there's a lot of champions but let me lay out what's happening and hopefully you can give me some general tips to improve my team fighting.

As Jax, I dominate top lane, sometimes even winning 1v2s when a jungler comes to gank. Then we get to the team fight portion of the game and I Q onto the ADC or APC, get focused/kited/dogpiled and die.

As Trundle jungle, I'm still pretty new but I'm mostly just throwing down my W, ulting their top or jung, and then whacking on their non-tank melee. Which seems okay but not great.

I don't play top much and the only jungle i'm great with is Malph who feels like: RWE -> profit.

So any advice would be much appreciated since it would go a long way towards making me more effective with more champs at both roles. Thanks!

iblow4ipod

08-24-2012

It's not your job to initiate. As a bruiser you should be building tanky gain some survivability, but that's only so that you can do your damage. You are not a tank and it's not your job to initiate. Wait for a teamfight to break out (eg, malphite ults into their team) Then hit the squishiest, closest target. As you see CC's get thrown out on people, you can decide when it's safe enough to jump on a higher priority target.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-24-2012

With Jax, push E, then leap strike in. Then your counter strike ends and stuns them all.