Does anybody else feel that Syndra's lore is boring?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xulsigae

08-28-2012

"Power belongs to those who can wield it."
Syndra

Yasako

08-28-2012

Can we say power is the new passion?

Rustmaker

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak556 View Post
Can we say power is the new passion?
"Passion is the power that turns dreams into reality." (+1 to the random people that get this reference)

Arcane Azmadi

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
I actually really like Teemo's lore. He doesn't come off as brooding, merely dangerous in a way that would make you uncomfortable to meet him. In any case, he's kind of a badass while still being adorable, and the juxtaposition is interesting.
That's because Teemo is currently on the THIRD iteration of his lore. The first version had him as a happy-go-lucky boy scout who joined the League to promote the joys of scouting to the world (and presumably to earn his "Eaten By Giant Cho'Gath" badge). The second versio, which is the one I'm talking about here, painted him as a dark, grim, psychotic killer whose mind had effectively snapped from loneliness turning him into a yordle terminator. Fortunately Riot apparently realised how retarded it was to try and portray a cutesy little squirrel with a blowgun as a psychotic badass, so they rewrote it AGAIN to include Tristana as Teemo's friend so he's only in DANGER of snapping. This is the current version and, as you said, it's not too bad.

Yasako

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustmaker View Post
"Passion is the power that turns dreams into reality." (+1 to the random people that get this reference)
I thought it was courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

Rustmaker

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak556 View Post
I thought it was courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
It is, I just modified it in honor of Syndra's and Kat's lore. An ode to repetitive words embued in a repetitive phrase.

Xulsigae

08-28-2012

'Power overwhelming.'

BCMYKRMCXYZiggs

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkRavenMad View Post
Who decides right and wrong? Think of it this way. You are a genius, and the people around you are frightened by your almost godlike intellect. So they feed you lead paint chips. I'm a firm believer that an individual has no right to alter another person, without consent, no matter what the "Greater good" is. It's a massive breach of humanity, in my view, and I like her, so therefore, you are wrong to say she's utterly impossible to like.

Also, Varus lore is honestly weak.

"Hrm, do I save my family, or the temple? I'll stick with the temple. OH NO! My family is dead. ENTER ME DARK CREATURE!"

"kay".
Firm believer in what StarkRavenMad said. Others trying to alter another person without consent is just plain messed up. Even if it is for the said "Greater Good." It's even worse when due process is thrown out.

[Edit] I like Varus as a character. He reminds me of a Jedi going rogue. He tried to do the right thing but loses to his emotions when he sees his murdered friends and family. But I can see where you are coming from with his lore. He accepts a malicious destructive power in order to seek his own justice. A dark power he dedicated his life to protect from those who would use to it to harm others. In the end, he will destroy himself whether he satisfies his vengence or not.

Xulsigae

08-29-2012

Some how Syndra doesn't come across as the kind of person who cares much about authority and wouldn't change her ways even if all the Ionian leaders asked very nicely to stop being so reckless with her POWER. Asking for her consent would be rather silly.

MikuMelody

08-30-2012

I liked the whole "OMFG SHES KASSADINS DAUGHTER! WE HAVE WAITED FOREVER FOR HER!!!"
thing that her design AND title suggested :O. they really shouldve did that :P