Earning IP sucks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KROTANK

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suparockr View Post
I'm not going to lie, I agree wholeheartedly with this. While it is a shining example of how Free to Play should be, the amount of IP you get is too low, but only at the beginning. At the beginning you get the free champions for that week. Champions that could very well not be what you like. What I think could be done at the start is a MASSIVE IP boost for 50 games (250%) so that you can get a sizeable pool of champions to cover any role
If anything it's good that you're forced to play the f2p champs that week; it makes you learn and experience different champs/roles so that when you do become experienced, you're not just some tard that 'only' takes on the specific role they like to play as.

Everyone has their favorite role, but a good LoL player is flexible and can fill any of the roles that a game needs. And not just meta roles either; each champ plays a unique role in the game, and it's important for new players to learn what the strenths/weaknesses are of the large number of champs in LoL. In contrast, giving new players a massive IP boost just reinforces the idea that they quickly save up points to buy the champs they want, and then only focus on those champs.

7he White Guy

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haciv View Post
It's based on whether you win/lose. You get more if you win, less if you lose. Also time comes into play as well. Longer the game, more IP. Shorter, Less IP. (To an extent)
i seriouskly disagree with this earning system relying on wining or losing because your team could bring you down and there for 1 person going afk can cause 4 others a loss in thier ip reward... i think this should be changed to your k/d ratio mainly because the biggest problem of the game you have realy on a complete team and with 1 going afk... the odds arent really in your favore now are they?

Minrat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

The reason they don't give you more IP is because the want you to use RP. They have made it so that all features are easily accessible to the user, but due to the nature of F2P they have to make back money somehow. This is not bad-it's good business. I haven't ever bought RP, and the slow build up means i have time to learn the champs I've already bought. If you find yourself getting frustrated-buy RP-or farm for IP-or quit. Before you consider quitting though-realise that RIOT uses the RP purchases to fund e sports and to keep making the game better-other wise it would end up stagnant with no updates.

Ammy

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minrat View Post
The reason they don't give you more IP is because the want you to use RP. They have made it so that all features are easily accessible to the user, but due to the nature of F2P they have to make back money somehow. This is not bad-it's good business. I haven't ever bought RP, and the slow build up means i have time to learn the champs I've already bought. If you find yourself getting frustrated-buy RP-or farm for IP-or quit. Before you consider quitting though-realise that RIOT uses the RP purchases to fund e sports and to keep making the game better-other wise it would end up stagnant with no updates.
Their tournaments are covered mostly by sponsors =/

Furthermore I don't mind their model. My only real complaint is I have to pick between champs and runes with my IP. I am at the point where if I want champs or stuff like that I'd rather pay for it with RP so my IP can be reserved for picking up more runes. I think the cost of runes is terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7he White Guy View Post
i seriouskly disagree with this earning system relying on wining or losing because your team could bring you down and there for 1 person going afk can cause 4 others a loss in thier ip reward... i think this should be changed to your k/d ratio mainly because the biggest problem of the game you have realy on a complete team and with 1 going afk... the odds arent really in your favore now are they?
Dumb because supports and tanks exist. Furthermore you can double your enemy team's kills and lose if the other team is better and focuses on objectives. Rewarding things that don't secure the objective of the game (killing the enemy Nexus) is dumb. It encourages rash and silly decision making. It emphasizes and puts too much value on killing. Game doesn't work like COD.

All I do is feed

08-26-2012

The amount of ip you get depends on whether you win or lose and how long the game lasts. 18ip + 2.312 per minute for a win, 16ip + 1.4 per minute for a lose. Amount of ip you earn without boosts caps at 145.