Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Earning IP sucks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MlgProIndian

08-24-2012

I don't get it, the only way I get atleast 200+ ip is from win of the day bonus. But other than that, Riot doesn't give enough ip for those people who keep the team in the game until the last minute. Last game, I went with jax(20-11-11) and held the team even though the team lost. For that, I get 89ip. Wtf?! And then when I played AD Kennen and went 15-10-12 i get 150ip. I don't understand this earning system. Either someone explain the IP system to me or someone tell Riot to improve this earning system.

LAMlRP

08-24-2012

It's based on whether you win/lose. You get more if you win, less if you lose. Also time comes into play as well. Longer the game, more IP. Shorter, Less IP. (To an extent)

Tulnekaya

08-24-2012

I found that the best way for me to farm IP is to get my first Win in summoners rift, and then to do a series of Dominion games since they are quicker (and I tend to win them).

DemonicAngel318

08-24-2012

Math-wise (which my friend did, he's Asian so you should trust him), the fastest way to grind IP is Intermediate bots on Dominion. ~24 IP for a ~12 minute game.

Disqualifier

08-24-2012

Quote:
demonicangel318:
math-wise (which my friend did, he's asian so you should trust him), the fastest way to grind ip is intermediate bots on dominion. ~24 ip for a ~12 minute game.

lol

IGotCareless2

08-24-2012

IP gained has a certain minimum amount, plus an amount based on time played, and then a third amount (I think its a multiplier) for winning or losing.

Suparockr

08-25-2012

I'm not going to lie, I agree wholeheartedly with this. While it is a shining example of how Free to Play should be, the amount of IP you get is too low, but only at the beginning. At the beginning you get the free champions for that week. Champions that could very well not be what you like. What I think could be done at the start is a MASSIVE IP boost for 50 games (250%) so that you can get a sizeable pool of champions to cover any role

Mich567

08-25-2012

Quote:
DemonicAngel318:
Math-wise (which my friend did, he's Asian so you should trust him), the fastest way to grind IP is Intermediate bots on Dominion. ~24 IP for a ~12 minute game.

Racism. The other form of humor...
(Btw, I'm Asian. So yeah. And I'm good at math... I skipped 3 Courses in Math... or 2, depending on how you look at it. Racism is not funny.) :/...
Anyways, the point of the game is still to have fun (people seem to get really pissed a lot...), and although the IP system can be ****ed up sometimes, you gotta deal with it and move on. There are just plain bad people, and people who have bad games, and if you lose because of them, deal with it. If you really are good enough, eventually you will win games and get a ****load of IP. Grinding it out and Farming IP is pretty retarded in my opinion.
Just my opinion.

MundosLeftBalls

08-25-2012

fastest way to farm ip is to troll ranked

seredhras

08-25-2012

Quote:
Suparockr:
I'm not going to lie, I agree wholeheartedly with this. While it is a shining example of how Free to Play should be, the amount of IP you get is too low, but only at the beginning. At the beginning you get the free champions for that week. Champions that could very well not be what you like. What I think could be done at the start is a MASSIVE IP boost for 50 games (250%) so that you can get a sizeable pool of champions to cover any role

This would be nice; but it would basically mean I'd have an even higher percentage of AD Carries than I do now. I really do want to own all the AD Carries but I don't have enough variety (which in my mind is 4 champs I can play per role) and I still need 7 champs to fill that (not counting that a champ like Cho or Jax can do multiple roles)