How2Dominion, I play SR.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

08-24-2012

vFresh, lucky you. You must be in a lower elo bracket.

TempNam325rwe5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vFresh View Post
the funny thing is, every kassadin i see in dominion just out-right fails and disappoints, they have no idea how to play kassadin on that map and are just horrible. it's probably the player playing him
I mean it's pretty well known that Kassadin is broken OP. Think about the type of summoners that that attracts. It mostly seems like it's people that are more interested in winning and ladder-climbing than actually learning and trying to get better the game. With enough time anyone could become proficient enough to carry all games as Kass alone, so it's likely he wants a "free" win and isn't into learning or fun.

HaIfhearted

08-24-2012

Most Kassadins in the sub-2k bracket tend to be somewhat lack-lustre.

I personally used to think he was overrated until I got past the 2k elo range.
Then I started seeing these very scary, very annoying Kassadins who would employ hit-and-run tactics, frequently gank bot, and in general just throw your team into chaos with their ability to quickly make stuff happen almost anywhere on the map.

DiscworldDeath

08-25-2012

The real issue with Kassadin is this:

Dominion is designed in a way that who's ahead (controls 3 or more points) usually goes back and forth. You own more, then the enemy owns more. Often the game can be won by trading 1 point for another, but always having the additional point for 10-20 seconds more. It's slow, but it wins.

But once mid-game comes around, the team with the Kassadin isn't going to lose the advantage. And at some point, they will get the advantage, cause that's how the game works.
But you can't back-cap, you can't survive a fight with 10% hp and get the point. Kassadin, once mid-game comes around, stops your team from being able to come back.

Unless your team manages to make like 3 for 0 trades somewhere happen...

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

Hey Welcome to the Crystal scar bro we are glad that you decided to give the map a chance n_n my psot will be a huge wall of text but for more depth you should look into Sauron's and nekrogen's guides
Sauron's guide http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...=intergalactic
Nekrogen's guide: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=17877990

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
1. Why is Kassadin apparently the hypest **** in dominion?
Technically what the first post said, He has really high base stats so he can be built Tank with a void staff, and be everywhere Melting people all while being pretty hard to Kill and catch, also he can literally Jump any Dominion wall, including the Nexus wall
Quote:
2. What teamcomps are optimal? Do you need an AD carry, an AP carry, and a tank?
well it's usually 2 Magic damage dealers, two attack damage dealers going top at least one of them has to be a dislocator some sort of a tank or someone that's very disruptive, and one guy going bot Bot lane is its own "Meta" so you should do some deeper research if you are planing on bot laning and by damage dealers i don't mean literal Damage dealers Jarvan IV and Lulu/Janna can fill the atttack damage dealer and Magic damage dealer slots pretty easily

[QUOTE=AlphariusRising;28606372]3. Can I play my mains, Soraka, Janna, and Taric in this? I obviously wont build them the same.
Yes you can they are viable here Soraka is situational though.
Supports here are different than in summonner's rift where every support is a ward bot and a carry babysitter. they usually go the full tank route some getting a haunting guise and then going full tank or the hybrid Mpen tank route which is stacking Mpen until you have 60 and then going full tank, Soraka can make use of WoTa and Sona can build Triforce, every support should buy a frozen heart at some point though, Soraka should stay at bot most part of the game though she can start at top but she must swap to bot at some point of the game where the bot guy is already farmed or leveled or you feel you are no longer contributing that directly to the fight at top. as for Taric he is underplayed but viable however Lulu and Janna remain top supports in the Crystal scar with Lulu being #1 and Janna #2, Alistar is also tremendously good here but he loses his support role in exchange for a bruiser/tank/dislocator role.

Quote:
4. Is there any rationale for who goes bot bs top?
Bot has many strategies you can do and combine
-Stale the lane, you can't kill your opponnent but neither he can, it's something that Solo tops at Sr call freezing.
-Push like a maniac, it obviously leaves you susceptible to ganks but a big enough creep wave can neutralize the enemy point leaving him without turret defense and you able to kill him without much trouble specially when he has no masteried garrison. Udyr is a monster at this
-Attrition: kill the other guy while ignoring creeps then get the point or Push, this is somewhat that Urgot does best, he lands a canister on you then kills you and procceeds to get the point, it's slow but pretty effective.

-Hit late game state as early as you can and then swap top this is something that Jax does best actually i think that only Jax can do it , farm creeps or get free kills on your opponent when you hit 6, or both and then when you are like 2k gold and one to two levels ahead swap top with someone and be a major nuissance up there, maybe Darius to some extent can do this too but Jax is the prime example of it.

About swapping: You should always try to swap with a guy of your contrary damage type unless you do tons of every kind of damage, see Jax and Darius they are that effective at swapping because they can swap with almost anyone
i.e Let's say you are running Maokai bot and they need you at top because someone got a frozen heart so your team needs more magic damage you should swap with a Physical damage champion like JarvanIV, this obviously won't happen everygame since sometimes they won't require you to swap or they will swap you with someone with the same damage type.

Some guys and unusual builds can combine strategies but you shouldn't try to combine straegies on every single champ instead you should try to focus on one if your champ is not optimal to combine things., some good examples of guys that combine strategies are
Nunu: Spam Es on the enemy champion and Eat minions when you need the heal autoattack Minions when buffed with W and the enemy champion if he gets near and you feel you can trade it will Push the lane at the same time you Kill or scare the enemy champion Away.
Yorick: pretty much the same only he is Op here because his E is like combining Nunu's Q and E on a single skill, Push with W.
AD Malzahar: yep you heard right Ad, Malza's spells already ahve high base damage and the Voidlings have nice AD and arpen scaling and The Dominion Aura make mana regen Items as Manamune worth the cost he pushes the lane with Malefic visions and if you go near him he will send his voidling or voidlings to get you all while being at a safe distance he also gets to spend Money on tanky items or more AD since he doesn't need to itemize for life steal or attack speed, He pushes the lane while dealing massive amounts of damage to you.
Quote:
Also, any Dominion tips that an SR player is unlikely to know would be helpful.
-Run Revive and take the Mastery on it, one person using revive is more or less a coin toss but it proves really useful most of the time, the more people using revive on your team the harder and higher it scales into the game if your team ahs 3 revives vs a team with no revives at all you have a pretty great advantage ,
- Only run flash in ranged carries with 0 mobility or some sort of guy that needs Flash help to initiate, Alistar is the one that comes to mind. (that's why ezreal, Corki and Vayne are the most picked carries in Dominion since they can forfeit flash for another summonner
- Vatoclan and fourt court Jester have some of The Dominate Dominion matches* stored in their youtube channels for people to enjoy and learn strategies and builds, you shoould check them out.
-Don't discredit builds nor items excepting if someone is rushing a deathcap, never ever rush deathcap here because in Dom even if you get more gold you need stats as soon as possible, Many items that you don't happen to see in Sr like Exec's calling, Haunting guise or Hextech sweeper (although this is a Dominion only item) are actually core here.
- Even with the increased gold gain stay away from expensive builds unless your champion absolutely needs them like Fiora or Akali , Sure Gunblade+Rilayis+Lich bane+deathcap sound like an awesome roflstomp builld for an AP assassin and they happen to be but they'll gimp you for the most part of the match while you are saving for them
-gold/10 items are bad here
-Don't start with tear when you are going bot, not even on Ryze nor Karthus
-Know when to zerg (Zergin is when 4 people asault a point): let's say the enemy got the windmill and there's one or two people standing on top chain ccing you at top under the turret and killing you over and over or even better most of the enemy team is jsut standing there, why keep trying and dying there? they won't move at all unless you pull a move, standing on a point may seem like oh my god the best idea ever, but that's just an horrible idea because while most of the team is there palying poker you can just 4 man the bot laner and get the point while someone gets mid or at least neutralize it while they move back from the windmill to their mid or even better recall and go bot this will cause confusion and split them, and with enough coordination you'll be assured 3 points at the end of the chaos. specially if the guy that was going for mid has good mobility, amnages to escape and hide in a brush successfully since chances are all of them left windmill or are heading towards your mid to counteract the zerg this leaves you able to get windmill
-If you really want to run the "stand somewhere" strategy it is often better to hide on the brushes near the enemy speed shrine this will often get them off guard and doubting if they can zerg or assault specially if you actually get one person before a teamfight ensues because it will surely be a 4v3 in your favor for the next 20 or so seconds. unless the one you got has revive, it still kind of wastes his sue of revive, so it proves to be effective.
-who gets mid? Mid is the point between your base and the Windmill guys with lots Poke shouldn't get mid because poke proves useful to harass and interurpt caps and delay teamfights on the first fight, Guys with little to No Poke such as Riven, rengar or Fiora should get mid because they contribute more when they come late to the fight. and don't contribute so much on the poke wars.
-Even when you are going top don't forget about Bot, Bot is ana ctual lane so actual Sr tactics apply down there, Gank there when youc an but don't make it an habit some bot lane players are good enough to 1v2 and by going bot at the wrong moment you are handicapping your team again
-Similar to the point before even if the guy is good and says he needs no help when he actually needs help, then help him also if you are top and someone else on your team went bot to gank don't isntantly jump in that 3v4 situation where your temate isa t bot, better wait to regroup and fight together

*Dominate Dominion is a tournament that's held every saturday where everyone can participate and the best teams compete there

Aparkhurst

08-25-2012

Seems like a good thread to bump

Panzerzs

10-27-2012

Quote:
So, in an effort to make myself a more varied, versatile person, I want to stay playing dominion a bunch, and I have a few questions.

1. Why is Kassadin apparently the hypest **** in dominion?

2. What teamcomps are optimal? Do you need an AD carry, an AP carry, and a tank?

3. Can I play my mains, Soraka, Janna, and Taric in this? I obviously wont build them the same.

4. Is there any rationale for who goes bot bs top?

Also, any Dominion tips that an SR player is unlikely to know would be helpful.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kassadin is considered the best champ for dominion b/c he has an infinite amount of flashes (his ult). As long as he has mana. With this, he can flash in, hit, and flash out with Low cooldowns (From Frozen heart, etc)
-Which means that if u play kassadin, u will be hated in dominion :P because it isn't fair that ppl play normal champs and hit high ELO and u play kassadin and hit high elo cause all u play is him :P
-I've seen soraka tank a lot bottom, but she disappears in the higher up games, Janna is the only one that Imo is capable, but b/c most janna's build support, she lacks damage which in return, makes her late game kinda ****
-My team and I studied the best team comps for Dominion and we think it goes something like this:
-Bruiser
-Ad Ranged Carry
-Tank (who can initiate obviously)
-Ap caster/bruiser
-And a sustainable champ bottom lane (u dont want an ad carry going bot lane b/c ganks can relle shut em down Eg: Cait will get shut down by ganks easily even with the caliber net)

-As you can see, the Main diff in Dominion that differs from Sr is skill-sets
-One's who assume skills are not needed in dom get punished (b/c my team punished 2-2.3k elo sr players in dom)
Helpful Tips: Ap carries are punishing in sr, but b/c everyone gets fed with gold in dom, they start to become the worst picks in dom. Tanks and Bruisers are the most beneficial in a team, but you want ur Ad Ranged and Ap Caster to provide ranged support (like artillery aiding soldiers in the war front)
-When I mean ap casters, I'm actually Lolz countering that ap carries are the worst. SOME AP CARRIES actually shine ! The key is to get low cooldowns; if I remember, ap carries burst, and then run, burst and run, but in dominion, its burst, and stay int he fight.
-Im saying u need cooldowns if ur picking ap carries/casters/bruisers in dom GL! Friend me if u need more help

GET REKT FGT

10-28-2012

As for Soraka: It will be an uphill battle, I assure you.

I made it to about 2100+ ELO with Soraka before Jabebot went the way of the porcelain throne.

You can definitely play Soraka, however:

1.) if you're playing her top, if your team lacks the damage to kill, she will certainly be a sub-optimal pick unless you can tanky shred the enemy team to victory (i.e. if your team is extremely tanky and allows you to spam your Starfall all day)

2.) If you play her bot, she's good at stalemating however champions like Jayce, Jax, or a Yorick (who actually knows how to play aggressively against a Soraka early on) will push your ish in...hardcore. Otherwise, she can dominate bot by forcing the enemy top to bring 2 to kill you, opening up a 4v3 up top, or, if you're a badass Soraka, kill those two down bot and grab the bot.

In short: build tanky, know when to blow your R (i.e. top needs the heals, etc.) and you too can be an awesome Soraka player. She's not to be a killer, though if you can get a kill by all means, just know when to go for it and not to overextend and you should do fine, especially starting off in lower ELOs.

I'd to see more Soraka players, she's highly underrated but can do well.

If you'd like to play Tanky Soraka, build her this way, then deviate from the build as you see fit once you've gotten the hang of her.

Masteries: 0/9/21 Utility (Or, if you look me up, it's called "Soraka Revival") or 9/21/0 Defensive ("Tanky Soraka" in my pages).

The Utility one is my most used one, since with fast leveling, 6% CDR base, fast gold generation, and overall 15% CDR on Summoner Spells makes this Mastery spec hardcore. Coupled with a Catalyst, it gives you fast mana regen upon leveling, and with this spec you can effectively still be hard to kill.

The Defensive is if you feel you might not have full control over her, that and/or if you feel your enemy team will be bringing some strong competition. It gives decent CDR, some extra Magic Pen to bring them closer to the true damage area, and a little boost in AP for the heals . Not to mention the damage reduction and added HP acts as a great cushion.

Your build should look like this, from top to bottom in terms of building priority for bottom lane:

Basic build:

• Catalyst the Protector -or- Prospector's Ring (If you're bold, you can build it into a fast Rod of Ages, however I don't recommend it. Save it until about level 15-16, turn it into an Odyn's Veil unless the enemy team is mostly AD, then just save it until you hit 18 and have completed the rest of this list)
  • Ionian's Boots of Lucidity
  • Frozen Heart
  • Abyssal Scepter
  • Will of the Ancients
  • Should the game last this long: Rylai's or Zhonya's, something that provides AP and more Survivability.

Or, if you'd like to be extra awesome/hard to kill (or if they have tons of AP champs), change the build up top to this:

OH DEAR GOD THE MANA REGEN/HEALS build
  • Catalyst the Protector -or- Prospector's Ring
  • Ionian Boots of Lucidity -to- Mercury Treads
  • Frozen Heart to Athene's Unholy Grail
  • Randuin's Omen
  • Spirit Visage
  • Will of the Ancients

Both of these builds provide enough CDR to be optimal, enough AP to boost your heals and spells, and enough survivability that the opponent MUST build Void Staff or Last Whisper to beat you. Remember, you aren't a killer unless you have to be with Soraka; teamwork is essential with her, and if either her or someone on her team is a very weak link you will have a hard time.

If you're taking her top, you can use the basic build, but this is the build you should be working on to help the top as more of a "Support"ing Aura AP role:

Top Basic Build
  • Prospector's Ring
  • Ionian's Boots of Lucidity
  • Frozen Heart
  • Aegis of the Legion
  • Rylai's Crystal Scepter
  • Abyssal Scepter

Remember, change any items as you see fit but the core principle is to reach 40% CDR with her at all costs and beef her up a bit.

This was my last recorded ELO match in LoLMatches: http://lolmatches.com/match/na423996112, it also happens to be a time when I played Soraka as my main, my Dominion ELO dropped to 2005 at that time due to that being the time when Darius came out and I wanted to Noxian Guillotine everyone. It also was a game where I played Soraka top.

EDIT: Yep, she's still too 1337 up top for people. Screenshot of my victory a few minutes ago.

Aroyok

10-29-2012

Was only skimming, so maybe I missed it - There is fog of war outside of your base ramps leading into the jungle. Unless you're going bot or absolutely into the ring ASAP, you should be traveling via the fog of war. Never give away your position if you can help. As Sauron says, create 'dude factor'....they don't know how many dudes you have or where they are.

Protip: If ever playing Karthus, grab Sweeper on him to make his ult into a mini-TF ult.