Guide to not being a worthless moron

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grandpa Burglar

08-24-2012

I am here to say one thing, and one thing only. I am going to over analyze the living **** out of this.

If any of you are doing ranked, at any point, new or old to the system, you need to read this.

STOP ARGUING WITH EACH OTHER YOU STUPID PIECES OF TRASH.

This concept cannot possibly be stressed enough, and needs to be part of your mind to the point that you don't even know how to hit caps lock like I just did. I am sick and tired of losing ranked games, or even just normal games, simply because nobody on your team will shut UP. Any time you're ahead and you lose a few kills because your jungler got cocky and went to steal red and some random fight breaks out. Any time your top laner dies. Any time someone does something even remotely wrong, everyone in this horrible community decides to 4chan everything up and start raging and saying how they could do better. AD misses a single minion? "GG OMFG SURRENDER REPORT PLEASE 20 MIN FF WORST TEAM EVER I HATE THIS GAME".

Let's get one thing straight here. LoL at it's core is a great game. The problem with the game lies in the absolutely childish, tryhard, ignorant, worthless, moronic group of babies that play this game. Sometimes I wonder how some of these people even had the patience to let this game patch without sending 12 emails to Riot about how much their client sucks and their patcher is worthless, and "OMFG I TOOK GAME LAUNCHING COURSES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF #1 ON THE PLANET FOR 68 YEARS AND NOBODY WILL EVER STOP MY LEGENDARY MIGHT WHY DO YOU MAKE SUCH POOPY LAUNCHERS?!?!?!?!"

Seriously everyone, just shut up. Stop typing when it isn't necessary. Start taking a tally. Go into 10-20 games, and see how many you lose because people give up when they wouldn't have because not only are they doing poorly, but nobody wants to do anything but call them out on it. If someone is training for a marathon and their time sucks, do you shoot their kneecaps? Is that successful coaching? No, it isn't. It makes it worse.

Do the entire community a favour, if somehow you can find it in your heart to do something for these idiots, and just stop whining in games for god sakes. Chat is there for a reason. It's not MSN for god sakes. Stop changing your personal message to "xXxNobody Understands MexXx Black roses are my heart I drink sadness". Chat is there to call MIAs, and for SMALL BANTER or friendly chat. Chat was not literally put into the game so you can scream and yell at people. Why can't people understand that getting mad at your team mates only annihilates your chances of winning?

tl;dr

Guide to winning more:
QUIT CRYING IN CHAT AND PLAY THE DAMN GAME.

Hughes De Payens

08-24-2012

I also wish the community was more mature, but there's not much that can be done about it, unfortunately.

Luckmaker

08-24-2012

The irony of posting an immature rant on how the community should be more mature...

Togekiss24

08-24-2012

The problem is people's excessive sense of entitlement in this community. It's common with a lot of gamers, really.

I personally keep trying to stress to teams how attitude affects the game, and get pissy when I see two shmucks arguing with each other. I don't really know what to do about it, unfortunately.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togekiss24 View Post
The problem is people's excessive sense of entitlement in this community. It's common with a lot of gamers, really.

I personally keep trying to stress to teams how attitude affects the game, and get pissy when I see two shmucks arguing with each other. I don't really know what to do about it, unfortunately.
99% of people are manageable. 1% you can't do anything about so you simply ignore them and move on. Lead by example, encourage your team, applaud success, mourn failure. The vast majority of this community is depressed and miserable. If you can boost them out of their funk, you have a vastly improved chance of success.

Most importantly, stop being a victim. Everyone's a jerk to me. Everyone loves to troll me. Everyone rages at me. I can't do anything, because everyone's doing stuff to me so I just have to take it like a good little victim. That's bull poopy. You can control how you interact with other people. Like them, be nice to them, and they will give you everything you want back without you even having to ask for it. It's crazy talk, I know. But it's powerful. You're manipulating people into a) feeling better and b) winning. You're manipulating them for their own good. You're not a victim of the trolls, jerks, ragers, mopers. You're in control. You have the power.

Etherimp

08-25-2012

Rage filled post telling people to stop raging. I support this message...but not the method.