Riot Points Simplification

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Brawler

08-24-2012

So, I find it annoying having to buy RP separately before using it. Especially going out to get RP. I think an easier thing to do would be to allow Summoners to buy skins, champions, bundles, etc straight from the store.

Mathematically speaking $1.00 is equivalent to 130 RP, not counting the bonus RP you get from RP the long way, which could remain separate as an incentive to pick some up if you're at the store.

With this logic, instead of having to pay $20.00 for RP to get a Legendary skin, one could buy it straight from the store for its calculated cost of $14.00, except for Pulsefire Ezreal, which would be $25.00.

A standard 975 RP item would end up costing $7.50, the lower priced skins (390 RP) would cost $3.00, a medium priced skin (520 RP) would cost $4.00, and a skin on sale would be $3.75.

Imagine being able to get a new champion bundle for $11.25, its actual estimated cost, instead of getting the next higher increment and not being stuck with less RP than you can actually use.

Having a small amount of RP that is unusable in the store is one thing that just really ticks me off, since, even 92 RP left over ends up being a wasted 71 cents. Now that might not seem like much, but consider how many times people buy RP, and get stuck with these small amounts of RP. If 1 million summoners had this issue, that'd be over $700,000 that we just can't use.

I'm not complaining about the bonus RP, I mean, c'mon, getting something extra for free is always nice, but seriously, let us buy something straight from the store for its actual price instead of making pay $2.00 - $10.00 extra for one skin, and then getting leftovers which are just useless unless we buy more RP.

I understand this is a free game, and I'm complaining about optional content, but it would just be so more efficient and less time-consuming to allow us to purchase a skin or champion straight from the store, for its actual price based of the U.S. Dollar:RP ratio, without having to buy the RP beforehand. It is the consumer's money, after all. Shouldn't it be as efficient and accurate as possible?

naotasan

08-24-2012

Love the ideas. +1

Master Brawler

08-28-2012

And before anyone says anything, yes, I realize that the way purchasing RP is now is a business strategy that gives Riot more money, but, I'm in college. I'm on a budget. I have to think about every dollar I spend, and having this leftover RP being a waste of money makes me not want to buy RP, personally.

If the store were more simple, allowing Summoners to have the option to buy skins online via direct payment (credit/debit card, PayPal, etc), it'd be comforting for me, at least, to know that I'm not paying for more than I'm going to use and that there aren't going to be a dollar's worth of RP sitting uselessly on my account.

Don't change everything to this method, it's just the option to use this simplified method that I'm asking for.

DjZeroGX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

bump I love the idea.

DJ Koopa

02-28-2013

While I have no problem with purchasing RP...I do hate the obscure ratio of dollars to points. It's why I hate Microsoft Points. 650 RP and 400 MSP for $5? Damn it, I like my numbers to be in base 10, stop screwing with me.