Mundo viable in Ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrangeFrost

08-24-2012

I play Mundo all the time, he is easily my favorite Champion. However I can only play in normal games where I play Top and where most people don't follow the current meta. I was just wondering can Mundo solo top in Ranked where there is actually a Jungler? Also will he be useful in late game, or would he just be a impossible to kill meat shield?

TehomCD

08-24-2012

You'd need to be a little careful about it, since unless you make it very clear to your team when you pick Mundo they'd assume you're going to jungle. I think he's possible as a toplane, but he'd be relatively vulnerable to ganks, and I don't think he scales as hard as a lot of other tops with farm. That's just my gut feeling though - I've never seen a solo top Mundo in a ranked game yet.

WeasuhL

08-24-2012

Mundo is definitely a Tier 1 jungler in the current meta. I wouldn't really expect him to be played solo top...

Watch some footage from IPL Faceoff and you'll see some good Mundo jungle in the earlier rounds. The problem with Mundo is that he can't single handedly carry a team, you have to depend on your team to do damage while you CC and slow.

Oh! & due to percent damage on his cleavers you can take a very early dragon.

chaser676

08-24-2012

Mundo top has the same problems morde has top. You push your lane too easily with no escapes outside of your ult. And it's a long, long way back to your tower

Trolosaurus

08-24-2012

Mundo can either lane or jungle.
His jungle clear time and control is phenomenal, but his ganks are subpar.
In lane he suffers from similar problems Mordekaiser has (although his passive makes it not quite as bad and he's much harder to gank).
However once mid game hits Mundo really takes off.

DemonicAngel318

08-24-2012

If you play smart, Mundo top can be viable in ranked. He has a ton of harrass with cleavers which really annoys tankier tops like Cho and Shen because of the %health damage. You can also follow a very similar build, if not the same, as Jungle Mundo and still be just as effective because you're actually getting more farm in the lane. His slow also helps with jungler ganks. You'll be pretty much the tankiest thing in the game end game. If you do pick him top, pick him against a weak ganker.

lnfamous

10-08-2012

700 Damage!

Burbinator

10-09-2012

Mundo top is not really good. Why do you want to do this? In lane its nearly impossible to cleaver someone hiding behind minions. As far as melee engages go, there are tons and tons of champions that can beat him. His AD steroid is purdy good but its easy to kite him while he has it up (remember, cleavesr easy to dodge) and it doesnt do much burst damage. All he has is above average sustain but still beat in that department by cho, yorick etc. He's far far far far better in jungle because of his crazy aoe clear, and in ganks coming from behind means you can actually land cleavers consistently.

happymeal007

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

dyruss playing mundo top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YilAxD-4fPg

also this was made by dyrus

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...do-build-guide

the talents are a bit old but it should not be to hard to reapply them for the new talent guide also the build is a little off. he shows atmas impailer it was nerfed but still will work with this build.

Daeion

10-10-2012

Unfortunately I can't talk about ranked, but mundo is by far my favorite solo top champ as I can sit and poke from afar if needed and is the char I've had the most success with solo top. also, nothings better then a cleaver to the face of your enemy.