Split Focus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balmung6

08-24-2012

How does a mid laner focus on last hitting and fending off enemy champs at the same time? I can't farm for **** against mid when I'm Veigar if mid is aggressive, and lately EVERY mid lane has been aggressive, not like that nice Lux who was content to sit back and play defense so I could farm properly without having to take a hit for every 3rd or 4th Q i shot off at a minion.

I went 0/5/2 as Veigar vs Kat mid, figured Kat was OP, team agreed, tried her next match, went 0/9/3, enemy Teemo called me nub, slapped him with a report, but left me wondering what the other Kat did that I missed - I don't like the idea that she might, MIGHT have been better. I was laned against a Vlad mid originally, but after 3 deaths and no kills Varus took over, and Teemo bragged that it made bot easier, Fuzzy *******. Hope he chokes on his own shrooms.

My point is, at the 15 minute mark, the other Kat had triple my CS as Veigar, even though I'd been running up to a minion every time i saw their health go down and Q them, and trying to run around and not auto-attack them by mistake or get hit by Kat in the meantime. I never really did learn to last hit much, in all honesty - I played almost nothing but Master Yi from level 4 to level 30 because once you got his Attack Speed up, you last hit whether you wanted to or not.

Cenerae

08-24-2012

If you never learned to last hit, learn to do it now. You'll never be able to keep up in farm if all you know how to do is autoattack the minions.

Make a custom game with bots and just you. Practise last hitting without just right clicking and hoping you get lucky with the killing hits. Then try it in a co-op vs AI intermediate level where the bots will make a credible effort at killing you. Once you're actually getting most of the minions despite having bots trying to kill you, you should be better at doing it in real games.

Also, with Veigar, learn to use his stun properly, since you can actually land some fairly good harrass from lvl 7+ with a basic spell combo once you can instastun 90% of the time. As well as catch cheeky people out when they skirt inside your tower aoe for harrass.

And yes, you may actually have to admit that people are actually better than you at times. You don't get completely destroyed in a game through mere luck.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-24-2012

I'm not sure why you'd use Q to farm on Veigar when you have a perfectly useful ranged AA. Yes, you will have to time it very precisely since it's not that strong. I'd save your mana for stunning/harassing not farming.

ProPlayerEd

08-24-2012

Quote:
I'm not sure why you'd use Q to farm on Veigar when you have a perfectly useful ranged AA. Yes, you will have to time it very precisely since it's not that strong. I'd save your mana for stunning/harassing not farming
Ummmmm maybe because you gain 1 AP when you use Q to last hit thus over time giving you extra power for almost free?

RedHaro

08-25-2012

Here, a Veigar guide by Nyjacky... One of the LoL's best Veigar players.
http://www.lolpro.com/guides/veigar/...guide-mid-lane

Theres a section on how to lane and WHY it is better to save harass with Q while farming with auto-attack.