elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anarchius

08-24-2012

joining an elite ELO focused clan will really help you a lot. Never play in random ques alone when it comes to ranked gaming. You really have to play with other pros who can help ensure you more victories than losses. Taking a chance with strangers is like playing Russian Roulette with all the chambers loaded. lol

Until you find the right clan, why not do a little self-help while you wait? Here is an article that I think will really give you some good insight on how to improve your overall gaming skills. It contains a number of guide recommendations that make a huge difference in your ability. It's also a fun and easy read. Why not give it a try? Here is the link...

http://www.gettherax.com/stevos-top-...elo-overnight/

And if you ever need a Clan where you can just casually progress your skills without any pressure, feel free to drop by Clan GTR's recruitment thread. Signing up is as easy as posting your IGN and summoner level!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2025774

Swigness

08-24-2012

Alright, so in essence Ranked games (in low elo brackets) go a little something like this. Imagine all ranked players in your bracket are in a skill crane machine. When you manage to carry in a game bad players will cling to you as you rise in elo. Fortunately because they are naturally bad and cannot win a game without being carried they will fall back into the depths of elo hell. When you continue to rise in elo less and less players cling to you as you find your true elo. There is a chance however that just whenever you start to rise, these carried baddies can bring you right back down into the depths.

tl;dr Keep playing, if you're as good as you say you are, you will eventually rise to your true elo, where hopefully there is no chance of leavers, afks, feeders, noobs, etc. 20 matches isn't alot, once you finish about 80-100 matches you will start to get out of elo hell.

Greenlee19

08-25-2012

I didn't leave that game with darius I dced had a huge storm that night knocked out my power just because someone leaves a game doesn't mean its cus I rage quit. I died 2 times before hand due to lag. As for my olaf build its the top rated from mobafire minus the boots I get greaves cus I like them better myself and I didn't start dying til later in game when enemy team was fed. I flat out said twice now I know im not the best but I know the basics I just gotta work with my actual game skills. Thanks for all the input though guys so basically I should prob pick a champ for each role and play a bunch of games with them before I try rank?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee19 View Post
Thanks for all the input though guys so basically I should prob pick a champ for each role and play a bunch of games with them before I try rank?
You should learn a handful of champs in every role, and then learn a lot of champs in your favorite role, and then get really, really expert with a couple champs in your favorite role.

And while you're practicing, you should practice in normal Draft pick where you still get the experience of bans, picks, and counterpicks, as this can have an important influence on the match.

Quote:
I flat out said twice now I know im not the best but I know the basics I just gotta work with my actual game skills.
It's nice that you can admit this. Your Elo is a reflection of your personal skill level, not whether or not you get lucky with good teammates, but...

Quote:
I didn't leave that game with darius I dced had a huge storm that night knocked out my power just because someone leaves a game doesn't mean its cus I rage quit. I died 2 times before hand due to lag. As for my olaf build its the top rated from mobafire minus the boots I get greaves cus I like them better myself and I didn't start dying til later in game when enemy team was fed.
You give us this. This is a list of excuses.

If a game went bad for you because of lag and a storm that made you DC, you don't need to even bother mentioning it. That is undeniably a fluke in the system. Yes, maybe those are the reasons you lost, but that will cause anyone a loss at any Elo. There's nothing anyone can do about it, and virtually everyone is at risk of these same problems happening to them. Yes, it's a loss that maybe could have been a win (maybe not), but there's nothing you could have done about the lag and the storm. And blaming your teammates for not winning when you're lagging and DCing isn't going to help you get better.

As for the rest of your excuses, virtually everyone here will tell you not to use Mobafire. I don't necessarily mind looking at Mobafire to get an idea of where to start (I think the site is just better laid out than solomid), however what's most important is to understand your champion and how his kit works. You need to come up with a build that works. Maybe what's on Mobafire works for you by chance. Maybe there's something on Solomid that works better. Maybe you play Olaf different from anyone who has posted a guide so you need to have your own build.

But you're posting here asking for help getting out of Elo hell, yet refusing to listen when someone suggests you can probably change your item build and get better results with Olaf.

Then you go on to talk about fed enemies. Here's the deal. Over time, the average skill level of your teammate will end up equalling the skill level of your enemies. And your current Elo suggests to the system that you are ALSO of that same skill level. Maybe you are, maybe you're not. But the system thinks that you are. If you're not, if you're a better player than that Elo bracket, your team has managed to cheat the system because they have one player who is going to be better than the other 9 players in their lobby.

Now granted, people on either side can have an exceptionally great (or bad game), and equal skill level between two players doesn't mean that the lane will be a draw. It can be. But sometimes one player or the other will get lucky and end up fed.

Here's the thing though. You're BETTER than EVERYONE in your Elo bracket, right? You're simply a better player. You don't need luck to get fed. You're going to get fed simply by outplaying the other player in your lane. Every. Single. Time. You will get fed. You will get fed early. You will get fed fast.

If you're not getting fed earliest and fastest, you're REALLY not that much better than your teammates (even if you're not feeding like they are). They're simply having a bad game. And over enough games, the enemy team will have players that do this also. It'll happen to both sides equally. So since it happens to both sides equally, if you are at the proper Elo bracket, you'll win 50% of your games, give or take.

However, if it happens to both sides equally, and on top of that, you're outplaying your lane opponent every game and getting fed off of him every single game, you're DRASTICALLY improving your team's chances of winning. If you're really that good, you're guaranteeing that your team will have a super fed player (You) in 100% of it's matches and the enemy team will have 1 really underfed player (your lane opponent) in 100% of their matches. Now, sometimes they enemy also has a superfed champion, sometimes they have 2 or 3. But you're just as likely to get 2 or 3 superfed teammates (ON TOP OF YOURSELF) as the enemy team is.

And besides this fact, if you REALLY are that much better than the people in your Elo bracket, you will ALWAYS beat 1 superfed champion, because he's no more fed than you and you're a better player than him, and you will also sometimes be able to beat 2, 3, or 4 superfed enemies (depending on the gap between your actual skill and your current Elo bracket).

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2506796

Etherimp

08-25-2012

Ever heard "A Butterfly flapping its wings in Japan can cause a hurricane in New York"?

This is the metaphor used to describe Chaos Theory, which, due to the "snowball" nature of League of Legends, I believe is applicable here.

Experienced players make small decisions which, over time, snowball into much larger advantages over time.

Stealing an enemies Wraiths may seem like it has a negligible effect on the enemy team.. and you'd be right. But while "Denying" minions in lane is not possible, this is what stealing the enemies jungle amounts to: Denying the enemy jungler gold/experience, which over time can have a major impact on ganks and team fights.

I get my Wriggles before the enemy, therefor I put up a ward before they can, and I can clear my jungle faster, giving me more of a lead and allowing me to counter-jungle and gank more, which gives me a larger lead and allows the lane I ward for to prevent getting ganked. It also allows me to see where they place their ward (if they place it near mine) which allows me (or a support) to come back later and clear the ward.

Stealing an enemy red denies them a large chunk of experience and pretty decent amount of gold, and it also severely disrupts their ganking power.

My ganking power > Their ganking power = I am winning my lane.

A little bit of harass from a support on bot lane may seem "minor", but it has a similar impact.

Carrying Teleport instead of ignite may seem like a minor issue of "opinion and preference" on top lane, but considering the large impact it can have on farm, team fight presence, and dragon/baron control, it can, like the other things mentioned, have a huge impact on the game.

The difference between a roaming mid-lane ganky champion and a farming mid-lane champion determines whether your teams strength is in early or late game.. Mid lane offers the second most map control (behind jungle) for your team. Knowing how to identify what kind of champ you are, what kind of champ you are up against, and how to properly counter that opponent is incredibly important and integral to your success.

These nuances are not widely understood at lower levels of play.

Once you come to understand these things, you will out-play lower-elo opponents 9 times out of 10.

But as has been expressed in this thread time and time again..Before anything else, you MUST start taking personal responsibility for your success or failure. Your team is not your enemy. Your ego is. Get over your ego and start helping your team and they will be grateful and they will help you back, which will lead to more wins and less losses.

Again, hope this helps.

Cenerae

08-25-2012

If you want to get anywhere in ranked play, you need to realise that it is a team game. You will be matched with people of a similar ELO, both as team mates and as opponents. It's never a case of 'my team mates are always noobs', because the enemy team has just as many 'noobs'.

You need to own up to your own mistakes, figure out what you can do better next time, and try to steer your team through games without getting ragey at them. Blowing up at them for being noobs is going to do nothing but cause an argument, which is a detriment to your team.

If you're actually a much better player than your ELO indicates, then you should be able to dominate your lane, winning greatly in CS and killing your opponent many times. This is because your skill level really is actually much higher than your opponent. If you're doing this, then you can carry your team by pressing your early advantage and snowballing into a monster that the enemy can't do much about. Even with a team of 'noobs' you should win most of the time until you start getting matched with people on your actual level.

If you're not doing the above, then you probably belong at the rating you've gotten to, whether you like it or not. In which case it's in your best interests to look at your own mistakes rather than blaming every loss on your team.

Hellboi808

08-26-2012

Blaming doesn't get you anywhere.

Go read more online guides, watch vids on youtube, and practice more. 20 matches is nothing, try 1000+ games and then you will understand why you were in low ELO. Go try champs beforehand to see what you are good at and focus on them. No point in taking a role nobody likes if you can't play it, can't expect your team to carry you.

LarcyBrown

08-26-2012

Here is my tip for 1k elo, the champion that you are good with you will farm you will not die often, and you wil be able to carry with that champion, screw counterpicking at 1k elo 7 games is all you need 7 games.The lucky numer! If you dont have a 60% win rate then DONT play that champion anymore at 1k elo find another champion to carry with.
Also mobafire sucks , go solomid.net or lolpro for guides.