Why is wriggles necessary on eve?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoBones

08-23-2012

She has good mana regen, so its not like she can't spam hate spikes virtually at will. Why would you not buy sheen and just crush the camps with that? Buy a vamp scepter after sheen. Puts you closer to a trinity if that is what you are ultimately building towards, and you can build the vamp scepter into bloodthirster later.

And is buying a sheen then going into a frozen mallet and bloodthirster/gaurdian angel as endgame targets a viable path? I feel like she isn't tanky enough with trinity force, and people can still get away from her without a guaranteed slow? I don't think you'll earn enough gold in a game to get any further than those 4 items + boots really.

Or sheen/phage/bloodthirster/angel/frozen mallet for a more dpsy item curve?

Cenerae

08-23-2012

Wriggles helps her take down the objectives faster.

If you don't think you need that or the sustain then go ahead and get a sheen first.

AskKarthus

08-23-2012

I go cloth 5, tabi, sheen, vamp scepter, zeal, triforce, bilgewater cutlass, gunblade, rylai's, IE

LoBones

08-23-2012

Boots of choice/sheen/vamp scepter
then phage/haunting guise/bloodthirster/guardian angel in any order seems like a good AD focused build. It leaves you with plenty of options late game and you are pretty tanky and do decent deeps mid game??

I feel like eve is made to be a burst caster, and you can get more burst with survivability and sustain while jungling out of a ad focused build rather than ap focused? It feels like you can get more out of medium items and have a smoother damage progression rather than depending on really big priced items as most AP routes tend to take you?

XCodes

08-23-2012

I don't think Wriggles is necessary, I just think it's good because she has a pretty boss AS Steroid.

AskKarthus

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorric123 View Post
Boots of choice/sheen/vamp scepter
then phage/haunting guise/bloodthirster/guardian angel in any order seems like a good AD focused build. It leaves you with plenty of options late game and you are pretty tanky and do decent deeps mid game??

I feel like eve is made to be a burst caster, and you can get more burst with survivability and sustain while jungling out of a ad focused build rather than ap focused? It feels like you can get more out of medium items and have a smoother damage progression rather than depending on really big priced items as most AP routes tend to take you?
I figured mixed is they way to go, focus too much on AD your damage will suffer, focus too much on AP, you will be too squishy. Eve is an assassin, so burst is helpful for her, and her ult is where most of her burst comes from, and it scales off AP. Also, don't get haunting guise on eve unless the enemy has a lot of MR. Abyssal Scepter is a better option late game.

Nightdancer ND

08-24-2012

I don't think it is necessary.
It helps when you quickly want to make the enemy blue or red (or your own and Dragon of cause)

Mostly I do only a Razor and leave it like this.
I never was able to finish a Bloodrazor, so I could not tell how good this might be. Together with you AS boost this could be good, if you had to fight tanky champs. But most of the time the game ended while I had my Trinity and was working on my Gunblade.

LoBones

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskKarthus View Post
I figured mixed is they way to go, focus too much on AD your damage will suffer, focus too much on AP, you will be too squishy. Eve is an assassin, so burst is helpful for her, and her ult is where most of her burst comes from, and it scales off AP. Also, don't get haunting guise on eve unless the enemy has a lot of MR. Abyssal Scepter is a better option late game.
You don't buy a haunting guise for late game, you buy it for early/mid game. If you make it to late game in a game playing eve, at that point you start selling stuff like haunting and boots of mobility, etc. for better options.

bob000

08-24-2012

cloth is needed and there arent any good ap items from cloth

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

wriggles is good if your opponents are not pushing lanes very hard and you'd rather jungle/counterjungle than gank. Sheen is the better tool when your lanes are being pushed and you're ganking often.