Need Ranked Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worldsworst

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
More of YOUR problem. I mean, your logic is just completely astounding and it pretty much fails here. You say that a 1700 player wins at such high percentages when he's so far below his Elo bracket is because he is used to having to try harder to beat 1700 level players. When he goes down to a lower bracket, that same effort is rewarded with a ROFL-stomp.

While I agree that it does take more effort for a 1700 to win a match in the 1700 bracket and the effort required to win a 1700 bracket match, when applied to the 1000 bracket, would result in a rofl-stomp, I disagree that this makes the 1700 player better equipped to win the 1000 bracket match (his experience in the 1700 bracket, that is).

In fact, for a 1700 player to win a match in the 1700 bracket, he actually needs to work closely with his teammates. It's five 1700 players versus five 1700 players. He has to rely on having good teammates.

And this doesn't just go for the 1700 bracket (or whatever bracket you consider to be a high bracket).

A player with the skill level appropriate for the 600 Elo bracket CAN NOT single-handedly win a match in the 600 bracket. His skill level simply does not allow him to do this. He has to work closely with and rely on his teammates because the match is five 600-level players versus five 600-level players. So in this case, where all players are of equal skill level, the winning team will be the team that manages the best team work.

But we're not talking about cases where all 10 players are of equal skill-level. We're talking about your case. You say you're capable of 1600-level play (have you ever played at this level? have you seen this level?) but you're stuck in the 1000-1100 bracket because of bad teammates.

If your skill level truly is at the 1600 level, you will be so much better than any player in any match in the 1000-1100 bracket that teamwork simply will not be a factor. You will be able to simply roll over the enemy team. Even if your team feeds, you will be fed so much more than anyone on the enemy team because you're simply so much better.

However, if you're a player with skill level appropriate for the 1000-1100 bracket then you do need to rely on teammates and teamwork in order to win. But this also means that you're actually in the right Elo bracket for your current skill level.
Maybe this is my sleepiness talking but this is exactly what you've said in all your other posts, just worded differently. I'm just gonna stop trying to get my point across since this is going in circles...

Lord Puppy Fury

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
I am sorry but I got to point it out, KDA ratio can be hugely affected by one player on the team, in this case your 1700 friend could have gotten many kills and gave you assists that you couldn't get otherwise.

On the other hand, if you post you replay or duo with my 1200s elo smurf, I can see what is your real problem.
Sorry to butt in, but can I play with you on your smurf some time too? I just hit level 30 this week and have at least 300 games to go before I'm remotely ready for ranked, but it's definitely in my future. I'm also extremely frustrated with the quality of the game play at my unranked level and am determined to carry myself up and be ready for a respectable elo in ranked. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Anarchius

08-24-2012

you are on the right track by teaming up with other skilled players, but don't doubt your own ability to lend yourself a hand too! doing a little reading can make all the difference when it comes to increasing your skill. Luckily, I happen to have an article here that can help you out a lot. it's got all sorts of guides in it that can aid you in your quest for ELO prowess. Don't believe me? See for yourself! http://www.gettherax.com/stevos-top-...elo-overnight/

Good luck, friend.

~Stevo

www.gettherax.com

PS - If you would like to join our Clan and que with some of our skilled members, don't hesitate to hop on board and ask! You can find our recruitment thread here... http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2025774

signup is as easy as posting your IGN and summoner level. Whoot!

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldsworst View Post
Maybe this is my sleepiness talking but this is exactly what you've said in all your other posts, just worded differently. I'm just gonna stop trying to get my point across since this is going in circles...
What is it then, that I'm not understanding?

You can't just refuse to accept that everything I'm saying is right by saying "You don't understand what I'm saying and I'm not going to tell you what you're not understanding."

You're claiming yourself a player of 1600+ Elo level play who is stuck in 1000-1100 and can't get out.

What part am I getting wrong?

Worldsworst

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
What is it then, that I'm not understanding?

You can't just refuse to accept that everything I'm saying is right by saying "You don't understand what I'm saying and I'm not going to tell you what you're not understanding."

You're claiming yourself a player of 1600+ Elo level play who is stuck in 1000-1100 and can't get out.

What part am I getting wrong?
There is a very frustrating trend in your posts in this thread. You have a habit of rewording and quoting what I say in order to make my argument seem like it is riddled with fallacies. First off, I said I was easily capable of 1600+. Does this mean that right now, if I go into a 1600 game, I would have a 50% win ratio? No. It means I am CAPABLE of playing at that level. Also I'm not refusing to accept anything you're saying. I'm telling you that you aren't understanding my point of view and it doesn't make any difference to me whether or not you do so I don't feel the need to continue this conversation.

So do you still want to know what part you're getting wrong? I feel as if I should spell that out for you as well since you seem to be lacking in reading comprehension skills but I'll trust that you can make sense of this post and leave me alone since you're not helping the cause that this thread was made for in the slightest amount.