Need Ranked Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worldsworst

08-23-2012

'm currently stuck around 1000-1100 elo. I must have the worst luck in the world because more than 3/4 of my ranked games either end up 4v5 or have someone raging at my teammates all game, causing them to play poorly. I try to do all I can every game to carry and/or calm ragers down, but a lot of the time this isn't possible. So the way I see it I have two options:

1. Get significantly better at carrying
2. Duo with someone at a much higher elo to get rid of the ragers/leavers

If anyone at a higher elo would be willing to queue with me (I think I should be easily capable of at least 1600 elo) or even just do normals with me to help me improve in order to carry harder, I would really appreciate it. I really believe that I'm just absurdly unlucky with teams, and if someone is willing to give me some of their time I will be able to confirm or disprove this. Add me in-game if you'd be willing to help out. Thanks.

Skadoodle121

Recruiter

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldsworst View Post
'm currently stuck around 1000-1100 elo. I must have the worst luck in the world because more than 3/4 of my ranked games either end up 4v5 or have someone raging at my teammates all game, causing them to play poorly. I try to do all I can every game to carry and/or calm ragers down, but a lot of the time this isn't possible. So the way I see it I have two options:

1. Get significantly better at carrying
2. Duo with someone at a much higher elo to get rid of the ragers/leavers

If anyone at a higher elo would be willing to queue with me (I think I should be easily capable of at least 1600 elo) or even just do normals with me to help me improve in order to carry harder, I would really appreciate it. I really believe that I'm just absurdly unlucky with teams, and if someone is willing to give me some of their time I will be able to confirm or disprove this. Add me in-game if you'd be willing to help out. Thanks.
Listen, If you are an experienced player and cant carry your self out, Think about this, If you CANNOT Carry 4 BADDIES, vs 5 Baddies, Consider the posibility that you might belong in elo hell. And also, I checked ur profile, and ur runes arent that great..

Worldsworst

08-24-2012

If the other team is as bad as my teammates I'll always be able to carry mine. There's just no way to carry a team with 3-4 mega feeders while the other team only has one. Based off of your post, you're the type of rager elo hell is infamous for, and therefore not the type of person I'm looking for a response from. Thanks for taking the time to give me your opinion

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

I pretty much ran over your profile in a minute.

First off your runeset is a mess. Try to fix that first

Secondly, when you are building Graves, try to stick in one or two doran. IE rush on Graves is fine but often time you will be too squishy and lack the ability to trade early on. Ryze also shouldn't need his Archangel complete until you build some more MR or GA as well.

Last but not least, if you are 1/7/7 with Graves, compare to the enemy 11/3/9 Vayne and 0/7/17 Blitz, there is something wrong with you as well, as you obviously didn't win your lane, how can you carry?

Worldsworst

08-24-2012

The 1/7 game with Graves was when I was playing horribly so I stopped for the night. I'm pretty sure that was the first game I've played as Graves that I had below a 3.0 KDA. As for my runes...I'm guessing you're talking about my ap runes? I'm pretty confident that my adc runes are more than okay.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-24-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2506796

Quote:
If the other team is as bad as my teammates I'll always be able to carry mine. There's just no way to carry a team with 3-4 mega feeders while the other team only has one. Based off of your post, you're the type of rager elo hell is infamous for, and therefore not the type of person I'm looking for a response from. Thanks for taking the time to give me your opinion
If you are NOT better than the players on the other team, then you are NOT better than other players in your current Elo bracket and therefore BELONG in your current Elo bracket. It really is that simple.

Your 4 teammates and your 5 enemies are all selected from the same pool of players. In this case, the 1000-1100 Elo bracket. If you consider players in the 1000-1100 bracket to be bad players and below your level, then your team is at an immediate advantage. Your team has just FOUR 1000-1100 Elo players plus yourself (which you consider yourself to be at least a 1600) while the enemy team has FIVE 1000-1100 Elo players. Their team has 25% more players worse than you.

What's more, the four players on your team and the five players on the enemy team are of roughly equal skill level. This means that over a large enough sample size of matches, your teammates will have done enough to win the match exactly as often as they will have done enough to lose the match. The five ungodly superfed players on the enemy team are just as likely to be on your team as they are the enemy team, and the four fail-face feedertards are just as likely to be on the enemy team as they are to be on your team.

If you are 500-600 Elo better than the bracket you are playing it, it will be extraordinarily easy to ROFLstomp your way out of the bracket pretty quickly. The times when your teammates are slightly better than your opponent, you'll get a 20 minute surrender. The times when your teammates are slightly worse than your opponent, you'll get a long, hard fought, and very close victory. But still a victory.

And why?

Because it's a matter of fact that the 9 other people in the match ARE in the proper Elo bracket. You simply doubt that you yourself belong there, and that you belong in a bracket 5-6 levels higher. While not every player in any given bracket is of identical skill level, there's not a very large gap between the best and worst player in a bracket, if they're all in the proper bracket. So every time you queue up when you're 5-6 brackets below where you belong, your team is at an immense advantage because it's four 1000-1100 players and a 1600+ player versus five 1000-1100 players.

Imagine a team with five high school basketball players competing against a team with four high school basketball players and Lebron James. Would Lebron ever lose?

FaerellG

08-24-2012

Quote:
Why do you think that it's always your team that has feeders and not the opposing team?

Worldsworst

08-24-2012

The problem with elo hell is the inconsistency of players' skill. One game someone can go 20/0 and carry their team and the next they can get fb'd, rage all game, and go 0/20. Even if I'm 1000 rating above everyone's skill level in the game, it just isn't possible to win a game when my teammates are having their 0/20 games and raging at the same time. There just is no way to win a 1v5, regardless of how good you are. Theoretically, the other 9 players SHOULD be at the same skill level, but this is not the case in a vast majority of elo hell games. Emotions play a huge part in how well someone plays for any given game and with all the ragers in elo hell, this will cause players' skill levels to fluctuate immensely. Also, you said I'll get a 20 minute surrender when my teammates are slightly better. This warrants me questioning if you really have any experience in ranked games at all, since surrendering at all, let alone a 20 minute surrender, is widely disapproved by most competitive players.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Why do you think that it's always your team that has feeders and not the opposing team?
Because he lacks the ability to carry his teammates and forget that he can get fed off from the enemy as well.

Worldsworst

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Because when I play I'm not one of the blind raging feeders that look at numbers to see how well people are doing. I actually look at them AS they're playing! And when I see teammates that tend to run in 2v1 or even 1v1 when they're underfed, I label them as a feeder for that game.