Nocturne in team fights

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LuckMaker

08-23-2012

I have been having trouble with nocturne, I like his jungling as he is an exceptional jungler and ganker but in team fights he just ends up being horrible for me. I started my last game with him 4-1-6 and finished the game 5-13-16 after the laning phase ended. I just don't seem to understand him in team fights because he just gets owned before he can do anything.

My build looks like this

boots potsx3 > wriggles > merc treads > brutalizer > phage > bloodthirster > radulins omen > frozen mallet (upgrade) > yoshimitsu's ghostblade (upgrade)

Treza

08-23-2012

unlike most junglers i think youre meant to initiate after the rest of the team goes in. the perfect initiation in theory would be just as your team is engaging that way they wont be able to position themselves properly, and go straight for high damage carries. you shouldnt be the first person attacking someone unless youre in a confident position, but you also shouldnt be the last one in either

with this said, im horrible at nocturne but i believe this is how the pros use or atleast try to use him

Cenerae

08-23-2012

Build less damage and more tanky. Frozen Mallet is fine, but you don't need a bloodthirster or brutalizer/ghostblade.

Nocturne already has a lot of AD and AS in his kit. He's a threat without building a lot of damage. Building tanky means you can do more than ult at a squishy and get killed in a heartbeat.