Role of Adjudicators in Runeterran Lore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhantomChaos

09-16-2010

Seeing as the Emissaries are pretty much representatives of a specific city state/nation, and the Council being, well the Council of the Institute of War, I'm curious as to the role of Adjudicators in Runeterra.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2010

I would guess they serve as judges of league matches and/or political effects there of, but that's just me.

Zzilb

09-16-2010

In the season 1 trailer, observant players noticed a sixth chap walking about in the background of the summoner chamber. While there was speculation about observer mode, Noosh cleared it up on this forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
He's an arbiter/referee assigned to oversee the battle arena. There is one assigned to each team that fights in a Field of Justice. The actual battle arena takes care of itself via magic from the nexus that powers it.
In the learning center article about the League, we have the line; "The Adjudicators are the arbiters assigned to a given match in the Fields of Justice. "
So. There you have it.

From this we can extrapolate a bit. If a group of summoners requires a referee, it is apparent that summoners are bound by a system of rules they have the capacity to break, or that situations can arise between teams that require an on-site judge. I would assume some thought has been given to the high emotional involvement that can accompany an important league fight despite how summoners Should be highly respectable individuals, and the possibility that a raging summoner of considerable power might need to be subdued..

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

09-16-2010

cool stuff!

Thazdoom

09-16-2010

as a quick addition, they're probably responsible for screening for banned things before a match. Mundo's article in the latest JoJ talked about his adrenaline shots being potentially considered a banned substance.. so I expect the adjuticators are responsible for enforcing that, and possibly deciding what is to be banned.

PhantomChaos

09-16-2010

Hmmm, I suppose that makes sense.

...Too bad they seem to be inefficient with regards to rage-quitting Summoners.

Fayd

Adjudicator

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomChaos View Post
Hmmm, I suppose that makes sense.

...Too bad they seem to be inefficient with regards to rage-quitting Summoners.
There's little one can do about a summoner ending his magicks, unfortunately. What that I could prevent these cowards from disrupting our League...

PhantomChaos

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayd View Post
There's little one can do about a summoner ending his magicks, unfortunately. What that I could prevent these cowards from disrupting our League...
Hear hear.