It shows....

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosTempest195

08-23-2012

it shows how much Riot cares about dominion when they hardly ever comment on our forum....

Styrgwyr

08-23-2012

Losing alot of games again?

PandemoniumHeart

08-23-2012

...And what would they be able to say, exactly?

NamKim

08-23-2012

Well, considering we're in the middle of the Season 2 major tournaments and we're only a couple of weeks away from the Season 2 Championship, I don't blame them.

President Tryn and Morello both stated that lack of communication is one of their faults and they will work to improve that. Morello even specifically stated that he feels bad that Dominion is not getting a lot of public attention but assures us that it is currently being worked on. Last Saturday, a Rioter even stated that he was happy that Sauron returned. The fact that he knew who Sauron even was and that he knew Sauron was back means he actively watched the Dominate Dominion tournament from time to time.

Rioters barely posts anywhere but the General Discussion and Tribunal forums anyways. You get the occasional Lore post but that's only after a champion is released or re-released.

Edit: Heck, Rioters are probably told to not talk about Dominion anyways. They are probably experimenting with Dominion to see what works or what doesn't work and doesn't want to tell us things that they might change in the future anyways. In other words, their silence is on purpose.

tl;dr: Shut up and play more Dominion. That's what I'm going to do. Makes the time go faster too.

Vesh

Game Designer

08-24-2012
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Honestly there's not too many threads that we can safely comment on in here. Most of them are "RANKEd WHERe" and "post here if you hate summoners rift" style of threads.

Usually by the time I see the "I need advice for X" threads, Nekrogen, Infeed, or Sauron have already posted their advice which will definitely be better than mine.

I lurk constantly though, and play dominion all the time now. Also:

Quote:
Edit: Heck, Rioters are probably told to not talk about Dominion anyways. They are probably experimenting with Dominion to see what works or what doesn't work and doesn't want to tell us things that they might change in the future anyways. In other words, their silence is on purpose.
Myself, Ququroon, and RiotVesper all play Dominion very heavily now. I believe we're up around the 1900-2000 range atm, and I'm personally trying to understand the dominion community better so that we can do more for you ^_^

TheChineseOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

EDIT: ^ You play with Ququroon and Vesper? I played (stalked) them and played an all nighter aram with them and a few others (certainlyt, tiza, rival).
I only play dominion on my smurf because it racks up exp and it is imbalanced so certain champions shine. Especially the low elo pubstomper Darius

NamKim

08-24-2012

Yay!! All of my "Vesh pls" are finally paying off ^.^

Quote:
Myself, Ququroon, and RiotVesper all play Dominion very heavily now. I believe we're up around the 1900-2000 range atm, and I'm personally trying to understand the dominion community better so that we can do more for you ^_^
This comment was more towards the development team. Whenever Riot is working on something big, exciting, and amazing. It seems like you guys take a "vow of silence" since...you know how this community can be... I am staying hopeful that Riot will be releasing something big, exciting, amazing, and worth the Riot Logo.

Also, we know that you play Dominion. Someone here went against your team and they were so happy to see you guys play that they posted a screenshot here. We were incredibly impressed that not only did you play a game of Dominion, but you also played AD Malz!!

Quote:
Honestly there's not too many threads that we can safely comment on in here. Most of them are "RANKEd WHERe" and "post here if you hate summoners rift" style of threads.

Usually by the time I see the "I need advice for X" threads, Nekrogen, Infeed, or Sauron have already posted their advice which will definitely be better than mine.
...Now that you mention it...

Quote:
I lurk constantly though, and play dominion all the time now.
If someone here was to make a "1000 Dominion Win, Vesh pls" thread, would you be able to respond to that thread? ^.^

P.S. Thanks for responding to this thread. You don't understand how much this means to me. Thanks for making my morning

Ariou

08-24-2012

Thanks Vesh,

I think the biggest issue we have and why a lot of people are cynical is because there are a lot of people that are -very- passionate about dominon and it feels like its abandoned by Riot. While that may not be true, but thats the vibe we get as even though we see a lot of promises lately (which is great!) we still don't really see any results. There's also issues that have plagued such as champion balance. Obviously, not all champions will be balanced but some are completely out of line that really ruin games such as Kasadin and Yorick that make people cringe at just seeing them in game and because blind pick is dominate due to queue times, theres very little you can do if you dont have champions that can at least do something against them.

Personally, I am really glad to hear that more of Riot staff is picking up dominon and playing it for what it is, FUN and not because they need to. We would love to have you guys with us and play some games. It also gives the feeling that we are not alone as a fanbase. If you would like, please join the DominateDominion channel so we can all chat things up about dominon and create games together. I am sure that if you hang around there you can get a lot of information on current strategies and analysis on the various aspects of dominion

The Fizznity

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post

May I suggest throwing up a Dominion featured stream or something? Anything to get a bit more support short-term for the Dom side. Or at least streaming Rioter Dom exploits in somewhere noticeable :3

Orphane

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post

It doesn't hurt to have the kind of interaction that Riot has with GD, though. I understand that you guys can't talk about what the Live team is working on for Dominion, but there's no harm in dropping by in the DominateDominion chat to talk about how OP Jayce is or how silly matchmaking can be.

There are going to be people who say "if you don't have anything to say about ranked Dominion don't bother at all", but it's good to see Rioters who are into playing Dominion and getting to talk to them about Dominion would help with the feeling that Riot has no interest in Dominion whatsoever.