How do you play Nunu?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crimsonlyre

11-15-2009

People keep incorrectly stating the AP ratio for Absolute Zero. It is 1:2.5- and it is AMAZING! I just finished a game where i had 550 AP with Nashor buff, and sorc boots and void staff for -resists, and the tooltip damage on Absolute Zero was almost 2300, while Ice Blast was like 900 (For many champions, they had negative resists)... Just using those 2 skills would kill just about any champ.

I go with

Catalyst -->Rod of Ages
1 Boots -->Sorceror Boots
Soulstealer
Zonya's Ring
Void Staff
Abyssal Scepter

Diasero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendrick Ultimus View Post
Nunu is the name of the boy that is riding the Yeti, hence, Nunu the Yeti Rider.
'
'
Also, the Yeti's name is Willump, and is clearly stated to be male.
Well I am not sure if they story has changed but apparently this is the 3rd one for her (Note: I am speaking of the rider).

I originally read the one about her, where her tribe disturbs hibernating Yeti and she chose to ride the biggest one--never to let go. In this sort she is female. Yeti name not revealed.

Now you say the fishing hole story. Where NuNu is male. And him and his yeti are friends, brothers.

Well, it seems that Riot has tweaked the Story some. On the Website of LoL, the story is similar.

Quote:
As a child, Nunu and her family inhabited the Northern fringe of Runeterra's polar region, spending their days ice fishing and huddling for warmth in the desolate landscape...
In this story on the website she is also female, and having saved the yeti, is it's rider.

I guess the old story is debunked now. And I will give you that NuNu is male, as it is in the launcher. But I didn't know there was a disparity before launcher lore and website lore.

Floatzel

11-15-2009

ITT and in all other threads
dreamydischarge still doesn't know how to play, still says super opinionated things to sound pro and half the thread still rages at him for it. Learn to ignore trolls.

Kendrick Ultimus

11-16-2009

Nah, I was just looking up some more Nunu info and found a completely different story on the website then found in the in-game bio's. I can see now how you'd think if he's a she or she's a he or etc etc. I'm just a huge Nunu fan and player, and even use him in normal 5 man premades.

WaterGorilla

11-16-2009

I get boots of swiftness
Rod of ages
rylias scepter
megias soulstealer
abbsyl scepter

iDeck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2009

Swiftness
Soul Stealer (Start Ganking)
Banshee
LichBane
Zhonya's
Game is generally over by the time I get Lichbane but if it isn't I finish off with Voids.

Ghostraider

11-17-2009

Catylst
Sorc boots
Rod of Ages
Void Staff or Mejal's (based on how well im playing)
Nashor's Tooth
Zhonya's Ring
Void Staff (if had not got it already)

WesleyC

11-17-2009

Nunu doesn't really get played in any higher end 5 v 5 matches. However I think he'll dominate in 3 vs 3. His ulti works best against just a couple of heroes (as it's more difficult to disrupt), he's got a strong early game and can jungle efficiently. Nunu and Dr Mundo are at the top of my 3 v 3 list!

Kaninen

11-17-2009

First of, any HP or Mana regen item is useless.... the Q skill is your HP regen, and Mana you get from jungle and catalyst... so here it is:

Catalyst (first mana stone + 2 health potions)

Dodge Boots (only because of mastries)

Lich bane (so great when you stack AP)

Zhonyas (prolly spelled that wrong... but lots of AP)

Rod of Ages OR Banshees Veil (rod of ages if you play against tanks, veil if mages)

Abyssal Secpter (more AP and less magic resistent to your enemies)

Glacial Shroud (cooldown reduction, so you can spam you magic more often )

This build is so frigin awsome... you cant loose...