How do you play Nunu?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daikaze

11-13-2009

Nunu is a fun champ to play, but his ultimate is so easy to counter that he's just not viable without having a mass stun champ to make sure that he can pull his ult off.

Dr Drew

11-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamydischarge View Post
the best way to play Nunu is to not play him at all, because he is the second worst champion in the game.
I agree that Nunu is one of the weaker champs. I haven't played him since the patch so maybe that moved him up into the middle of the pack?

He looks like a fun character to try some more. The thought of a yeti throwing snowballs is pretty funny.

Flakes

11-13-2009

Quote:
the best way to play Nunu is to not play him at all, because he is the second worst champion in the game.
WHAT?? His ult is amazing in teamfights, and his tanking ability ensures you won't be targeted first as you dish out the AoE damage and crowd-control abilities. With a chalice you'll never run out of mana, and stacking sunfires adds to both your damage AND survivability.
This is why amumu is THE best magic-damage tank in the ga- oh...wait...

DocDemento

11-13-2009

Quote:
He is one of the most versatile characters. His ap scales 1:1 on his snowball and 2:1 on his absolute zero which means throw in some ap and rock some tanking then wreck faces.

In the right hands any character is dangerous.

CharLLL

11-13-2009

Nunu is an amzingly good hero. You don't need to get a lot of kills, but he wins games.
Here's my strat, won 8 games in a row with it. lvl 14 summoner.
Spells:
Teleport / Smite

First item: meki pendant.

In the beginning, tech consume and stand near some creep spawns. You can smite/consume early, gain some easy gold, and have consume cooled down for the first wave of creeps.

Consume + pendant allows you to stay in lane no problem, smite and consume creeps and you farm terrifically.

You only need one level of consume, maybe two if they're harassing you badly.

After that, two options:
If you have an Ashe or a Jax that is doing well, blood boiling them all game wins the game.
Nunu is a one trick pony, his ult OWNS.

If you can pull it off!
So, if you're playing a chogath or something, it can be tricky.

But, just keep stacking ability points. Make a philosopher's stone, then:
sorcerer's boots
mejai soulstealer (really helps - you'll get lots of assists with an AOE ult anyway)
rylai's sceptre
abyssal sceptre, etc

you don't need health regen due to consume, you don't need mana with a philosopher's stone (free gold helps too), nunu is pretty fat so he doesn't need much to tank (rylai does it), and if you can pull of your ult in team fights, you can take out 3/4 of weak heroes health or 1/2 a tank. Not only is that absurd damage, but when you start up your ult, the only thing people can do is flee or try to stun you (continuing to fight your team is suicide), so you've essentially got an AOE stun for free. That, and you blood boil your MVP = gg.

If you're fighting a debilitating amount of silence or stun, this strat won't really work. But, you can successfully avoid most stuns and pick off people in the middle of a team fight - you don't have to start with the ult.

This will result in lots of scores along the lines of 8-5-20.

I recommend defensive and utility masteries. You don't need attack for Nunu you just need the ult and a team.

Kendrick Ultimus

11-13-2009

Quote:
I lol'd, because I went on a 9 game winning streak of normal games with Nunu. Each game, I was responsible for roughly 25-30 enemy deaths with Nunu's ice blast. Nunu doesn't shine like the top heroes, but he's an incredible support champion. My friends were hung up on "Tier Lists" and threatened to play only "top rated" champions, but I showed them how powerful Nunu can be in a team game, and since then they've reconsidered.

Anyways, Nunu's item build can be a bit challenging because he's a hybrid tank/support, but in my experiences, here is my nunu build:

1 - Meki Pendant
2 - Boots of Swiftness
3 - Catalyst of the Protector -> 4 - Rod of Ages
5 - Nashor's Tooth

Ever since I realized his power, Nunu has become my most favorite champion.

Thormax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2009

this is mine for the most part..

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Nunu/75,4,94,5,18,44

great for ganking and abusing everyone even ranged in your lane.

Dwefa

11-14-2009

Nunu is not the second worst hero in the game, over 80% of the games i play with Nunu i come out with highest amount of kills. I go for AP build
Trinity force first
Then Greaves
Nashors tooth or Rod of Ages
Rageblade

Diasero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-14-2009

I just started playing NuNu recently, and she is amazingly fun. Basically I got AP. start of with a meki's and go snowball and consume. Her Snowball is like a 5 sec cast for insane dmg with AP (Not uncommon to hit for 500 a pop).

Make sure to get the golem buff often, then you can pretty much solo gank anyone that doesn't have flash. All I really do is jump someone out of the bush, snowball them first, this will make them react. They will either attack you or retreat. If they commit, they will probably stun or silence you an what not. Tank it. I sometimes just let them do this, so they can get confident and attack me. Then immediately Ult. They can't really stop you now, since their CC is on CD. If they aren't dead, snowball. Consume to heal.

Most games, ill start ganking possibly by level 3 as her snowball is devastating to pretty much everyone.

By the end of the game your snowballs will be over 500 a pop. and your ult will deal close to 3,000 dmg.

Note: As Nunu, I believe Twitch is practically fodder. They usually go for damage, and get cocky because of their surprise. But they really don't have an escape mechanism. So ill bait them somewhere solo, get hit, snowball+ult = dead.

Kendrick Ultimus

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diasero View Post
I just started playing NuNu recently, and she is amazingly fun.

Nunu is the name of the boy that is riding the Yeti, hence, Nunu the Yeti Rider.

Quote:
The elements often claim even those who have spent their entire lives there. The boy known as Nunu is one of those who fell prey to such tragedy. One day when he was a young child, Nunu rode on his father's back as they returned from a trapping expedition in the mountains.
Also, the Yeti's name is Willump, and is clearly stated to be male.

Quote:
A young yeti boy named Willump found Nunu and brought him home. From then on, Nunu was raised by the yetis. When the League of Legends was formed, the yetis knew they needed a champion. Riding his brother Willump, Nunu became that champion.

''Imagine what Nunu will be like when he grows up!''