Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Will of the Ancients[Buff]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Churles

09-16-2010

I like will of the ancients, as an item, but right now I find problem with the amount of stats it gives.

Its stats are 40 ap with an aura of 30 ap and 15% spell vamp

What bugs me about this, is that for the same cost as the upgrade, i can just get another hextech revolver, and have 10 more ap and 5% more spell vamp for myself.

Now obviously that is selfish, but whenever I am alone, or if my team has few people who benefit from additional ap, the item is a DOWNGRADE.

Thus I propose a small buff

I'd say make it:
Will of the Ancients
50 Ability Power
10% Spell Vamp
Unique Aura: 40 Ability Power and 15% spell vamp

That way it has 10 more ap, and 5% more spell vamp then two revolvers for you (while holding one slot) and gives a boost to team mates as well.

Obviously, this doesn't have to be the exact change, the concept is moreso that I believe the item should be tweaked.

FunkyBacon

09-16-2010

well, stacking revolvers takes up your inventory slots, so more stats for you but less room for other future items.

tho personally I would not mind a slight price increase for overall better stats on WOtE. but tbh, even on a caster I would rather build Gunblade cause of its active ability and the offensive stats stack well with Lich Bane.

just my two cents.

randomJer

09-16-2010

i agree, but i think ur stats are too high, 80 ap and 20% spell vamp is great and it doesnt take up 2 slots like double revolver, plus the aura is the real benefit here

VBandSelecta

09-16-2010

The TEAM aura is the reason to get this item. If you have 3+ casters on your team, or anyone who can benefit from AP just a LITTLE, this item is worth it for one person to have it.

It is mainly an item for support characters, Janna, Soraka, etc; Not someone like Viegar who needs 400+AP to nuke the living hell out of anyone

Xtchizobr

09-16-2010

for the price, it sucks.

support champs like janna and soraka can't afford anything, so they're the very last person who should be expected to shell out for an overpriced junk aura like this. it doesn't provide anything even close to the aura from Stark's, and to an AP champ, 30 AP is a drop in the bucket. item sucks, stop trying to rationalize it.

your inventory only gets full during an uncharacteristically long match, so no one cares that two revolvers take two slots.

WotA needs to provides two or three times its current stats to be worth the price, in my opinion (compare its stats to the AA staff, or Z-ring...)

randomJer

09-16-2010

Quote:
Xtchizobr:
for the price, it sucks.

support champs like janna and soraka can't afford anything, so they're the very last person who should be expected to shell out for an overpriced junk aura like this. it doesn't provide anything even close to the aura from Stark's, and to an AP champ, 30 AP is a drop in the bucket. item sucks, stop trying to rationalize it.

your inventory only gets full during an uncharacteristically long match, so no one cares that two revolvers take two slots.

WotA needs to provides two or three times its current stats to be worth the price, in my opinion (compare its stats to the AA staff, or Z-ring...)

inventory slots are always important, sometimes ur buying wards sometimes u have 3 piece recipes and sometime u have extra just stat boosters (these would be like a negatron cloak for some mage on the other team or like a vampiric scepter that doesn't get upgraded into bloodthirstier till late game).

Yuchiel

09-17-2010

How about just adding an aura magic reduction to make up for its price (You know, kinda like Stark's).

Xtchizobr

09-17-2010

Quote:
randomJer:
inventory slots are always important, sometimes ur buying wards sometimes u have 3 piece recipes and sometime u have extra just stat boosters (these would be like a negatron cloak for some mage on the other team or like a vampiric scepter that doesn't get upgraded into bloodthirstier till late game).

having a bunch of un-upgraded pieces laying around is inefficient. upgrade them, and move on.

Smackadummy

09-17-2010

The thing is, a single Archangel's Staff costs less than WotA, and will benefit your team more, even if it has 2 or 3 casters on it. It just isn't worth the price. I like OP's suggestion, maybe even some more AP.

Dekar173

09-17-2010

Quote:
Xtchizobr:
for the price, it sucks.

1200 elo king