Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

has anyone here played SMITE?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

08-24-2012

It's kind of fun for a bit, but it's a Hi-Rez game. That means you have the choice of either paying money to unlock content or eating sh*t. There's no free rotation, every player starts off with the same 5 gods unlocked. All gods cost 5500 Favour (the equivalent to IP) to unlock and the rate of Favour gain is MUCH lower than in LoL. You used to get a 1000 Favour bonus every time you gained a level (which was good, because levels are otherwise completely meaningless) but they slashed it to 500 because too many people were just making smurfs to rush to level 6 and unlock a new god faster- that should have suggested that the rate of Favour gain might have been a BIT too low, but apparently not because they're Hi-Rez and they have a track record of ruining good games by trying to squeeze the playerbase for money. The balance is a joke too.

Might be worth a look, but if a game pretending to be "free to play" while actually being anything but is a deal breaker for you, don't bother.

Rafuz

08-31-2012

Rafuz

08-31-2012

Rafuz

08-31-2012

Gods are WAY too expensive...

Apart from that and some balance issues, it's a nice game.
And the f2p model is always a good thing

Bissonnettzi

11-06-2012

i did and i say that its different but LoL is better.

MidWKing

02-01-2013

Very legit game I hope they put more work into it.