has anyone here played SMITE?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Systam

08-23-2012

i enjoyed it. its faster paced than league while league is more traditional for the genre. its f2p give it a shot not like ur losing anything

trevorwhatever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

its similar to super MnC if you've ever palyed that which imo is one of the funnest games of all time

Glib Goose

08-23-2012

It's a really good game. I've been in the beta for a couple weeks and the thing i like best is that everything is a skillshot. However, the game is still in beta so mages are ridiculously overpowered and then some random champs just go godlike with any small lead. Basically its a mix between League and WoW, but it just doesnt fill that league shaped hole. I like league way better but I am still going to play smite pretty regularly.

Tanith ShadowFax

08-23-2012

I would say even though they follow the same type of gameplay they do feel way different. Smite has a lot of fun aspects to it, such as actually having to aim everything you do, and lets just say getting ganked or ganking feels way more fun since suddenly you get hit from behind with a snare you never knew was there. It adds another aspect to the game. However lol is more smooth, and overall a better experience for me. You also realize how big the map is when your running around trying to cut to a different lane XD. The biggest issues with it right now though are the lower number of champs, and the fact that with such a low player base the skill gap in games is huge. If you want to try it I would wait till it is out of beta XD since the beta stage might drive some people away. Some other issues i have with the game is that when you auto attack it slows you down, so if your a melee you can get kited to all hell and back, sure there are gap closers but you launch it, and then the carry will use a snare and then regain the distance.

In the end they are drastically different feels, i would argue you should not even compare the two.

TeemoTeemoTeemo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

Both are really good, LoL is more developed though

Leib Olmai

08-23-2012

you play one of 2 game then it's boring.
All the god are the same.

Glib Goose

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4mb13 View Post
I've played smite. The perspective is a nice change of pace, and you get gold just by standing around dying creeps (though more if you actually last hit). The biggest problem I've had is that the autobuy feature for items that's mandatory through your novice matches made it much more difficult to learn the item library. Other than that though it's pretty much more of the same.
you can actually turn auto buy and auto level off in options. And you can turn off auto buy by trying to buy something

Samwell Tarly

08-23-2012

I have, but I've only played a handful of games so far. Since its in Beta, there are some fairly large balance issues, some bugs, etc. Basically what you'd expect from a Beta. Besides that, core gameplay and style is fairly fun. I've only tried a few Gods so far (a few of the free ones ((Ymir so OP lol)) and 1 I just bought and played 1 game) but they've been fairly different in abilities and playstyle (well, as much as can be expected. It's still a MOBA, mash dem buttons).

I will say that SMITE steals rather large swaths of content from LoL (items, spells, etc.). Items such as Rabadon's, Void Staff, Infi Edge just to name a few are all cloned in SMITE (values are changed to fit with SMITE's scheme, but the actual stats are identical (i.e. AD, Crit Chance, +50% crit damage sword) to those found here in LoL. Other abilities are directly taken as well. I mentioned Ymir earlier. He has a wall of ice, a la Anivia. His ult causes him to channel in place for 3 seconds building up frost around him, ending with an explosion of damage to any enemy caught in the radius, a la Nunu.

And certain movement abilities just seem incredibly overpowered. There's a cat chick (think Nidalee, but stuck in cat form) who has a massive range leap that she can activate a 2nd time within a short period of time. She can basically jump across half the map with it.

knightblaster

08-23-2012

It can be fun, but it needs quite a lot of work still.

It's closed beta so balance doesn't really exist (you'll see the same small number of Gods being used over and over, because they are MUCH better than the other ones). Matchmaking is quite rudimentary as well, due to the small pool, as well as the closed beta state of the game.

Gameplay can be fun but keep in mind your camera is very limited due to TPS perspective, and everything is a skillshot. Creeps hit hard and can easily kill you in the earlier levels. That being said, you don't need to last hit to get gold, because the creeps are harder (although you get a slight gold boost from last hitting). The map is significantly smaller than a typical DOTA game, again probably because it is TPS perspective.

It can be fun, but it isn't a serious competitor for LoL or DOTA 2, imo.

trevorwhatever

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by elBOOBOO View Post
Its fun

the only thing I dislike about it that they just copied all the items from LOL and most of the skills

Ymir is so original
you should look into some older MOBAs then bro