Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

has anyone here played SMITE?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OH NO ITS LU BU

08-23-2012

I've played it a ton. if you don't play third person shooters then you may want to practice. it's a bit harder to get a hang of, imo.

Debos Right Eye

08-23-2012

Quote:
trevorwhatever:
its extremely fun Ive been playing it alot the player base is very nice there as well I love the game its much more fast paced and fun then LoL

Feel free to add me... looking for people with experience in thuis game lol.

Kedali

08-23-2012

It's not bad but I got bored fairly quickly. It's a different take on the genre which can definitely feel more exciting, but at the same time, you lose just as much as you gain with the change in combat and camera. The excitement factor wears off pretty quickly and you start to miss the things you can do when you don't have to skillshot every single thing you do.

It's also somewhat frustrating right now because the closed beta player pool isn't big enough for the matchmaking to work effectively. If you think League's matchmaking is bad, you will hate Smite. Also the balance is a bit off just due to it not having time to really develop fully. Add to that it takes FOREVER to get enough currency to unlock new champions, although this is something they're working on.

I'll probably give it another try at some point because there definitely is potential for a fun game, but imo it currently has too many frustrating things for longevity.

Debos Right Eye

08-23-2012

Thanks all for the feedback. your making me excited to try it.. download will be done in 5 minutes

wokiman

08-23-2012

lol es#1 i played smite and its really not that fun

G4mb13

08-23-2012

I've played smite. The perspective is a nice change of pace, and you get gold just by standing around dying creeps (though more if you actually last hit). The biggest problem I've had is that the autobuy feature for items that's mandatory through your novice matches made it much more difficult to learn the item library. Other than that though it's pretty much more of the same.

Destrucshot

08-23-2012

The only thing which kills it for me is the lag (i'm from australia and get 300+ ping), plus ATM you can't select which regional server you want to play on.

The game is definitely fun and refreshing. I'd play it more if the ping wasn't so bad for me.

Discojapi

08-23-2012

well when you play smite you only can see forward u cant have a control of what you are watching. If sun wukong ult you you just lost your sight and its kinda bs try to get back to normal xD mmm what its fun may be playing with friends haha. But league of legends is just better

Guntermench

08-23-2012

It's fun, definately a different game from League. Generally much faster paced and the camera tends to turn team fights into hilarious cluster****s. It is exactly a WoW LoL, and honestly I'm personally going to be playing both of them.

Oh, and the camera angel makes ganks from behind much easier and very very effective.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

08-23-2012

Its fun

the only thing I dislike about it that they just copied all the items from LOL and most of the skills

Ymir is so original