Banning the wrong people?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shyhalu

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Thanks for edit out his name. I also fixed my numbering. I think if you look at the grand scale of things there will be trolls and mean players, but we are also working hard to reform them, or remove them. The Tribunal process takes time, so just have faith in our vigorous and determined attempt to make this community better. Lyte and his team of engineers are working very hard every day to improve the system.
Consider firing them and getting new people in. The community has gotten nothing but worse.

I'm glad the results of their hard work ended up with most of my games having less than 5 lines of chat.

Now I can't even report people who act worse than I use to without getting suspended.
I can't call out a feeder in game who constantly dives 1v4 or 1v5 without the rest of the team (Forcing fights where we are just simply not ready or even all there) and now I can't report him either because his k/d is on par with the rest of the team SINCE HIS DIVING ALSO GETS OUR TEAM KILLED.

FattyDrake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
4) How do we know you didn't dodge the queue for some other reasons?
I think the OP, and many other people mentioning this in other parts of the forum, are calling for some way to take action in the pre-game chat. Yes, folks can dodge for any reason, from just not feeling like they want to play, or they don't like the team comp, or they got counterpicked, whatever.

The trouble is in the team select lobby, troll behavior is rewarded. If you successfully troll the team because you didn't get the position you want or someone said something you didn't like, then they dodge and you get to play a game immediately while they have to wait 30 minutes.

I've mentioned this before, I wouldn't mind waiting 30 minutes for a dodge if it was consistent (didn't stack with each dodge) AND I could at least report someone before dodging. There needs to be ways to highlight bad behavior in pre-game chat, since the only time anyone is ever caught is if they acted out in game or get caught in this recent sweep and then have their pre-game chat used to solidify the case against them.

In short, there needs to be some way to deal with trolls/ragers in the pre-game lobby. The only way now is to dodge and reward them with an immedate new game while those who want to just play a solid, troll-free game are punished. I'm sure Lyte and the PB&J are working on it, but man, it is a huge pain point for players.

Aerias

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyDrake View Post
I think the OP, and many other people mentioning this in other parts of the forum, are calling for some way to take action in the pre-game chat. Yes, folks can dodge for any reason, from just not feeling like they want to play, or they don't like the team comp, or they got counterpicked, whatever.

The trouble is in the team select lobby, troll behavior is rewarded. If you successfully troll the team because you didn't get the position you want or someone said something you didn't like, then they dodge and you get to play a game immediately while they have to wait 30 minutes.

I've mentioned this before, I wouldn't mind waiting 30 minutes for a dodge if it was consistent (didn't stack with each dodge) AND I could at least report someone before dodging. There needs to be ways to highlight bad behavior in pre-game chat, since the only time anyone is ever caught is if they acted out in game or get caught in this recent sweep and then have their pre-game chat used to solidify the case against them.

In short, there needs to be some way to deal with trolls/ragers in the pre-game lobby. The only way now is to dodge and reward them with an immedate new game while those who want to just play a solid, troll-free game are punished. I'm sure Lyte and the PB&J are working on it, but man, it is a huge pain point for players.
I completely agree with you in terms of implicating a system to report someone for pregame chat bad behavior, but that would just give riot another reason to start banning more people for "abusing" this report system. Honestly, I don't know what to think, you can troll without being reported since people have to worry about Riot's ban hammer for reporting period. Wrong Direction Riot, Turn around while you still can.

Finly Erkenwald

08-24-2012

I think you guys are forgetting something important about the 7 day bans - as Lyte has mentioned numerous times, they were largely handed out to people who were using reporting as a means of bullying other players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This is incorrect.

Let's be clear here: If you see a toxic player, please report them. Even if you report 10,000 of them, you will be fine. For example, I just looked at an account in this thread that has reported 200 players--his report weights are perfectly fine.

I then looked at a player that was banned in this thread and he's reported 1000+ players and 630 of them were actually decent players that did not deserve bans. In addition, the player that was banned had received hundreds of reports himself and was banned twice by the Tribunal already. I then checked some chat logs of this player and he continuously, relentlessly threatens players with reports throughout matches--this is absolutely unacceptable.

We're targeting toxic players who are abusing the report player function and creating a negative experience for those around him. For the 99% of players who use the feature responsibly, they should continue doing so and making a difference in the community.

C000kiemonstar

08-24-2012

You do understand that what he has done is Double Jeopardy?

Lyte chose to punish players again for a violation they were already punished for.

=======================

He also did not investigate if those were valid reports or simply ones that riot chose to overlook.

When riot chooses not to punish, they make the reported look like a false reporter, even if the report was a valid violation....

Player 1 harasses another and is reported for it.
Riot chooses not to punish.
Player 2 who reported player 1's behaivor now looks like the bad guy.