New Jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RightfulSin

08-23-2012

Ok, I am seeking a new jungle champion to get and play. I have just about 5k IP, and I am willing to wait until 6.3k for a champion. I have played Lee Sin a bit this past week and he was quite fun and I have been playing a bit of Xin Zhao as well, also quite fun.

I usually play top lane or jungle. When I top lane I play either Tankplank or Yorick, and when i jungle I play either Nautilus or Maokai. The problem I am having is both the champions I jungle are support tanks, or at least I play them as support tanks.

Champions I am thinking of are: Lee Sin, Xin Zhao, Shyvana, Nocturne, and Rengar(maybe).

Also, the big thing I have with the guys i jungle now are is that they are both VERY blue dependent.

Any help and advice given would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-RightfulSin

Etherimp

08-23-2012

Nocturne, Olaf, Trundle, Udyr.

Kyzrathnosh

08-23-2012

Shyvana is a strong possibility. She never really slows down.

Nevercrysis

08-23-2012

Udyr, Shyvana, or Alistar jungler!! xD

Lord Puppy Fury

08-23-2012

Nunu. Try Nunu. If you take advantage of his passive and stick a Philo Stone on him, you can give up blue to mid at 7:20. He's an absolute beast at stealing buffs, so you can still probably take blue too. More or less, if you don't have at least one stolen buff every time they respawn, you're not using Nunu right.

Yes, he looks dumb. He is, however, godly in the jungle. Q=two smites, W=turbo speed, E=super ganks. And to top it all off, he's insultingly easy to play. But so, so effective.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Puppy Fury View Post
Nunu. Try Nunu. If you take advantage of his passive and stick a Philo Stone on him, you can give up blue to mid at 7:20. He's an absolute beast at stealing buffs, so you can still probably take blue too. More or less, if you don't have at least one stolen buff every time they respawn, you're not using Nunu right.

Yes, he looks dumb. He is, however, godly in the jungle. Q=two smites, W=turbo speed, E=super ganks. And to top it all off, he's insultingly easy to play. But so, so effective.
Yea. I was going to suggest Nunu as well... but the OP said he didn't like tanky supports, and I always feel like a support with Nunu (which I actually enjoy and don't mind).

But yes, Q is more damage than Smite at level 1 (and restores health).
W is not just turbo speed. It's attackspeed/runspeed for you and an ally (or minion if your nunu has no friends)
E is great for ganks. It's a slow, and it actually scales REALLY well to AP (1:1 I think).

And R is great all game long.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Yea. I was going to suggest Nunu as well... but the OP said he didn't like tanky supports, and I always feel like a support with Nunu (which I actually enjoy and don't mind).

But yes, Q is more damage than Smite at level 1 (and restores health).
W is not just turbo speed. It's attackspeed/runspeed for you and an ally (or minion if your nunu has no friends)
E is great for ganks. It's a slow, and it actually scales REALLY well to AP (1:1 I think).

And R is great all game long.
If you have other tanks on the team you can build Nunu as more of a durable AP (early Haunting Guise, Rod of Ages, etc.). One of his huge strengths is that you can build him multiple ways depending on the needs of the team and he's still very viable.